Spring High Prelims

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE VOLLEYBALL GAMES IM SORRY. But you guys know what happens so we can just skip them.

 As someone who is bisexual and went through years of (☞゚∀゚)☞ bi panic! I liked it when my brother just said 'cool.' and left it at that.

These next chapters are shorter so they will be posted on the same day.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n POV

October 3

The qualifiers were in the end of August and we one both games. And now we are here.

I'm in the infirmary with Dai-chan and Coach. We're checking if he has a concussion. The nurse does one final scan on him before he smiles.

"Nope. Looks like you my friends are concussion free." The nurse says as he rolls his gloves off. "But I wouldn't go back to the game just yet son. You still collided very hard with your teammate. I'm actually surprised you didn't get a concussion. So for now just sit here and relax." The nurse says before leaving the room, leaving his little clip board behind.

"You two gonna be okay in here? I have some personal calls I need to handle." Coach says and we both nod. He exits the room leaving Dai-chan and I in the tiny room alone.

"How do you think Ennoshita is doing?" I ask but Dai-chan waves me off.

"I think he's doing fine. Look at him." He says pointing to a tiny TV screen broadcasting the game. "He's created a good rhythm."

He turns to me nervously.

"Hey Y/n-chan?"

"Hm?"

"I think...I know I like guys and girls. I'm bi." He says and I nod.

"Cool." I smile at him and he gapes at me.

"You're not gonna give me some long speech on why you accept me and stuff?" He asks, eyes wide, ice pack to the face.

"Unless you want me to give you one. It's normal so it should be treated as such." I say and he smiles gratefully at me.

"Thanks."

"No need Dai-chan." I say. A face of nervousness still on his face. "What else is it?" I ask and he sighs. 

"I...I think I might like. Shit I can't say it." Dai-chan sighs as he brings his fingers to his nose bridge. 

"I don't wanna force you to tell me. So if you don't want to it's fine." I say but he sighs and spits out what I've been wanting to hear for the past year.

"I like your brother. I like Suga." He sighs. FUCKING FINALY. But I'm not gonna medal. They need to figure this out on their own.

"Hm. That's fine." I give him a gentle smile.

"You're not mad that I like your brother?" He asks and I shake my head no.

"You can't control who you like. You can't control that you like Kou, so why should I get mad at you for that?" I say. "I will get upset if the two of you get together and you hurt my brother. I owe Koushi a lot." Koushi took over the house. A 12 year old boy trying to figure out what to cook for dinner and what to pack his little sister for lunch. He had to grow up a lot faster than I did. 

 "So if you two do become a couple, treat Koushi well. Okay?" I say softly and the boy who likes my brother smiles at me.

"Of course."

"Let's go watch the rest of the match then."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tsukishima POV

October 3

"Y-YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!" Y/n jumps up and down, giving us each hugs as she congratulates our win against Aoba Johsai. "You guys are really going to the finals!" She smiles one of the bigger smiles I've seen.

She stops hugging her brother and moves on to Tadashi.

"Tadashi your serves were so amazing!" She cheers him on as she drags them both side to side. Then she moves onto me and gives me a hug.

She's never hugged me before.

She's warm and delicate. The was her arms wrap around (wherever you can reach) and hold me there.

"Tsukishima Kei your blocks were the best I've seen! You are for sure gonna stop Ushiwaka's blocks tomorrow!" She says and hugs me tighter. The guys look at me expectantly.

"C'mon dude hug her back! Hugging is good for the soul." Noya laughs and I rest my hands on her shoulders awkwardly.

Y/n laughs and lets go.

"You should work on you hug giving skills Tsukishima Kei." She teases and we all laugh.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tsukishima POV

October 3

"I'm home." I call out into the house as I take off my shoes.

"Hey Kei." 

I turn around at the voice.

"Hey bro."

"I-Its' been a long time." He says before grabbing a volleyball and playing with it in between his hands. "How was that training camp?"

"It went fine I guess."

"No that's a lie. You all probably had a tough time." That's Akiteru. Always knows when I'm lying. I watch him play with the ball in his hands.

"You still play right?"

"Yeah. I'm on a team. But you're probably wondering why I still do." Akiteru says, looking to the side.

"What happened that day. It was shameful for us both." He explains and I feel myself become uncomfortable bringing this up. "But I've already felt the feeling of a spike that I've done, scoring a point for my team. That's why." He says.

Hm. That's why. He loves the way it feels.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Written July 26, 2021

Released August 11, 2021