Interhigh Tourney

I have planned out this WHOLE BOOK and the chapters and outlines have been made. This is gonna be one of my longer stories that might be 40-50 chapters if I decide to add more chapters for fillers. Would you guys want fillers?

And I have trouble writing matches sorry <3.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tsukishima POV

April 27

It's just a club. A stupid high school club with sweaty teenage boys flailing about trying to keep a ball up in the air. 

It's just a club. 

So why is everyone making it such a big deal?

Even Y/n is taking it a big deal. She's not even playing. She's not even gonna be on the sidelines with Kiyoko and Takeda. She's gonna watch while she's up in the bleachers. So why? Why does everyone care so much.

It's just a high school club with sweaty teenage boys flailing about trying to keep a ball in the air.

"What's got your boxers in a bunch?" Y/n asks handing me some fruits she sliced with Kiyoko earlier.

"Isn't it 'panties in a twist?'" I ask. Taking out a strawberry from the plastic bag. 

"There should be an equivalent for men. There's none for 'bitch, slut, whore, hoe.'" She explains. 

"I guess you're right about that." I reply and she smiles at me.

"I'm always right Mr. Kei Tsukishima." She remarks and I giggle.

"Yeah. I guess you are." I shrug my shoulders.

"Always shrugging your shoulders. Any way, answer my question." She says and I sigh.

"It's nothing." I say. She frowns and sighs. 

"Fine I won't force you to talk." She says before Hinata starts whining about the bathroom and she starts cracking up.

"I'm gonna go take him. He kept complaining to me about his bad luck with people in the bathroom so I'll just take him there." She chuckles and runs off with Hinata.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n Sugawara

April 27

"ASAHI THAT WAS SO COOL!" I exclaim as I grab the gentle giant's shoulders and jump and down. 

"YOU BEAT DATE TECH!" I squeal and Asahi laughs.

"Thanks Y/n-chan." Asahi says. 

"Hey Asahi, you know what this calls for?" Koushi slings an arm around both Asahi and I. "More cupcakes you and your Mom make." Koushi says in a sing song voice and the three of us start laughing.

"You guys go take a quick light lunch before our next match. Be here in an hour." Coach Ukai says and we all break off.

I go along with the other first years and we sit in one of the hallways on the floor eating our bentos.

"You guys should really start studying." I sigh as Hinata and Kageyama both complain about their studies.

"Well that's easy for you to say. You're in college prep!" Kageyama gruff and I giggle.

"Funny thing is I got in that class cause I study you big dummy." I shake my head.

 "Any way I have a good feeling about this match against Seijoh." I smile at the three boys in front of me and they look at me questioningly. "You guys practiced a lot and created a lot of chemistry with each other as a team." I say and they smile at me.

"Okay then. We'll win." Hinata smiles and I nod.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n Sugawara

April 27

That set was perfect. It lined up with Hinata's whole hand perfectly. But Seijoh's team had so much chemistry, much more than us. So much more official game experience.

Chemistry and experience means more than perfection.

I feel myself slump over the railing of the bleachers with my head down. I look back up and the two teams start shaking hands. Seijoh smiling much more than our guys.

Karasuno lines up in front of the bleachers.

Tsukishima and Tadashi glance at me, both looking very upset. I offer them all a small smile and clap along with everyone else.

"Thank you for coming!" They chant and I cheer even louder.

"Stop looking down! You all played really well!" I smile at them, offering them my cheers and encouragement to help them cheer up.

They offer me small smiles in return. I rush down the stairs to greet them trying to keep my smile wide but it drops at their disappointed faces.

I go to my brother and give him a hug he hugs me back his head slumping on my shoulder.

I let out a sigh and turn back to everyone else.

"You guys played really really well." I say and they nod.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Kei Tsukishima

 April 27

Why is everyone crying?

It's just a stupid volleyball match. So why is everyone crying. 

Y/n sits between Tadashi and I and every so often Y/n will pat Tadashi on the shoulder to comfort him. Every other person besides Y/n, Kiyoko, Takeda, Ukai and myself are sniffling and crying while they shovel food in their mouths.

Y/n looks around at everyone's crying faces and lets out a sigh.

"You guys shouldn't be crying while you eat. All of your bodily fluids spilling out of your face will get on the food. It's communal." She says in a light hearted way and every one starts laughing through their tears.

"H-hey! I'm not crying!" The King defends but Y/n gives him a dead pan look.

"Lying's a sin Kageyama Tobio." She sighs and goes back to eating.

Takeda shakes his head and chuckles.

"That's our Y/n. Always finding a way to make us laugh." He says and Y/n shrieks at the sudden compliment, but tries to go back to eating.

That girl is something else.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Written July 16, 2021

Released August 9, 2021