Three.

The children went to bed, and Jane sat down in the second kitchen, which didn't get used to this evening. This was the perfect spot for Jane to have dinner, calm down and process the day. She tidied the study room and the kitchen she used. Now she was waiting for the bus.

Jane yawned and rubbed in her eye, but froze. I'm wearing makeup. Her eyes widened, and she grabbed her phone, opening the camera. She scanned her face, it looked normal. A relieved breath rolled over her lips, and she put her phone away.

Her eyes closed, and she yawned again. Once she started to yawn, she never was able to stop. Jane blocked the noises from outside; everyone was talking or laughing. She never was a fan of huge dinners with unknown people. Dinner with just her family or friends was fine.

"Hey."

The eyes of Jane shot open, and she looked around her, only finding a man standing in the door opening. "Oh, hey," she said as casual as possible and cleared her throat. She straightened her bag and crossed her legs.

"I didn't mean to scare you," Marcus softly chuckled.

"You didn't, no worries," Jane assured him and gave him a smile. "What's up?"

"My plan was to go to the bathroom, but I am kinda lost?" He leaned against the doorpost. "This house looks massive on the outside, but it's a maze on the inside."

A soft giggle rolled over Jane's lips. "Tell me about it."

"What are you still doing here? I thought you said you would leave a few hours ago?" His eyebrows raised.

"That was my plan." She looked away when she realised she copied him. "But, err... yeah. Housekeeper got sick, I had to put the children to bed, and now I'm waiting for my bus to go home."

Marcus nodded. There was a short silence. "When does your bus leave?"

"Forty-five minutes." Jane looked on her phone; forty-five. more. minutes.

"That is long..."

"Yeah."

"I can bring you home," Marcus offered, he didn't even think about it, he just said it. "I'm the driver for tonight, so I haven't drunk alcohol."

Jane looked at him. "No, thanks. You really don't have to do that. You're a guest here," she politely declined his offer.

"They won't miss me."

They stared at each other. "It's really kind of you, Marcus, but I can't accept it," she softly said. She didn't want to bother him, he was a guest and she the nanny.

"I insist."

Jane bit her lip and looked down. "Fine," she muttered.

"Alright, cool. But before we go, do you know where I can find the bathroom?" Marcus uncomfortably chuckled and ran his hand through his hair.

It made Jane softly laugh. "The hallway to the left, second door on the right," she instructed him.

He nodded. "Thanks. I will be right back."

Jane took a deep breath. This was the second him he helped her. She looked around her and nodded. "Yep." She grabbed a paper and wrote down a short note she had left, with the time of departure in the top corner - just to clarify the time she left and how much money she earned that day. Jane got up and walked to the hallway, bumping into Marcus. "Oh, hi."

"Hey," Marcus smirked. "Shall we go?"

They left the house and stepped into Marcus' car, leaving the dinner behind.