Six.

Jane sat down on the picnic table and loudly sighed. It was a whole workout to leave the university, since every single student had their exams today.

"You are done with your life," Bastian smirked, he sat across from her and took a sip of his water. "How did it go?"

She just handed in her last essay and finished her final exam of the semester. "I handed in the big Santa Claus book, so that says enough," Jane emotionlessly told.

A smirk rolled over Luna's lips, who sat next to Bastian. "The big Santa Claus book..."

"Full of lies, bull crap and fake sources. I'm so done with my life." Jane looked unamused and tired.

Michael nodded, he sat next to Jane. "But you have the resit exams, so don't worry."

"The last thing I will do is worry about my exams."

Bastian raised his eyebrows. "Jane and not worrying about exams?" Jane was known as the perfect student: good grades, organised, the best planner. "Who are you, and what did you do with our Jane?"

Laughter filled the table.

"Fuck off," Jane said, annoyed, but showed a polite smile. "Anyway," she breathed. "Which exam do you have?"

"Political science," Luna and Michael said - they were both studying criminology.

"Italian and straight after that geomatics," Bastian sighed, he was studying Italian and architecture. "Then I'm finished."

"Isn't it amazing Jane was the last person to start with her exams, and finishes it as the first one?" Luna said and squeezed her eyebrows together. "I'm starting as first and finishing as last."

"Poor you." Jane looked at her. "Just two more exams, no worries. I know you can do it."

"Come on, stay positive," Michael said and padded her back. "If you fail, we fail together because I didn't study for this one."

Bastian snorted and shook his head. "Gotta love how motivated we all are; nobody studied, the Santa Claus Book, we are all tired."

"The student life," Michael replied.

Jane looked around and yawned. Her eyes fell on her phone, which was lying on the table. The screen of her phone showed Marcus was calling her. Her eyes shot up to Luna, who raised her eyebrows and also looked at the screen. A nervous feeling went through Jane's stomach, and she grabbed her phone. For a moment, she was hesitating to answer the call; she was getting too anxious. Marcus never called her before, and due to the exams, they barely had spoken to each other since the random meeting at the square a week ago.

"Pick up," Luna grinned.

All eyes shot up to Jane, not giving her the chance to ignore it after all.

She pressed on the green button and brought the phone up to her ear. "Hey," Jane smiled and cheerfully said.

"Oh." There was silence on the other side of the line, making Jane feel disappointed - she could hear this wasn't supposed to happen. Her face straightened, and she looked down. "Hey, there. I called the wrong number," Marcus said after a few seconds.

"That's okay, no problem," she replied and bit on her lip.

"But now I am speaking to you..."

"If you need to call someone else, that's fine too." She was getting insecure.

"No, no, that's my problem now," Marcus said and softly chuckled. "How did your exams go? Or are you still working on it?"

A weak smile grew on Jane her lips. "It went fine, I suppose. I don't know. I will see what happens when I get the results back."