Fourtythree.

It was somewhere in the middle of the night. The group stayed outside till one o'clock in the night. All they did was talk, laughing and just be themselves. They ignored the happening on social media.

Jane decided to stay over, she was tired, and it was late. Well, actually, Marcus wanted her to stay over since he didn't want her to go home in the middle of the night - and she would almost fall asleep. The others went to their own room, and Robert and Luna crashed on the sofa.

The time was unknown to Jane, but she knew it was late. She couldn't sleep, her mind was full of thoughts. The reaction Marcus had when Cate told them about Lando. It hurt Jane. She replayed the moment in her head. All the what-if scenarios entered her head. It wasn't good, she had to stop thinking about it. She was tossing and turning around in bed, but also scared to wake Marcus.

It was just on her mind. Jane just couldn't stop thinking about it. A deep sigh rolled over her lips, and she stared at the ceiling. Marcus was turned away from her. It was funny: they always started with cuddling before they fell asleep, then they let go of each other and slept separately in bed. Separated, but also close to each other. And when they wake up, they cuddle again. Sleep = own space, for some reason. They both were very own their own when it came to sleep.

"Babe?" Jane whispered, waiting for a reaction. "Marcus?" She bit her lip and held in her breath for a few seconds. It stayed silent, he was asleep. She hoped he would be awake for some reason. "I didn't fall in love with you because I was looking. Or dating. Or wanting to find someone. Or even that I needed someone." Jane was silent for a few seconds, she needed to get it off her chest. "I fell in love with you because you came into my life when no one else would. Because I had nothing to offer, but myself. And..." She looked at him even though it was completely dark. "You chose to stay." Jane felt guilty for the situation she caused with her ex, now this with Norris...

A small smile curved on Marcus' face. He was awake enough to catch her words. He got woken up by Jane, she was restless, and it made him worried. It seemed like she wanted him to be asleep, she wanted him not to hear those words, but at the same time, she wanted him to hear it.

"I fell in love with you because you wanted nothing else, but the person that I am. And for that..." Jane swallowed hard. "I fell in love with every single aspect of you. For who you are."

Marcus waited a few seconds. Those words make him feel loveable. It stayed silent. He moved closer to Jane and took her into his arms. "I love you," he hummed and kissed her cheek.

"Did you hear it?" Her eyes rounded, and her heart rate started to rise.

"Hmm-hmm."

"Oh."

"I really appreciate those words, babe," he tiredly said. "You have no idea what it means to me."

Jane moved into his arms, finding a comfortable position. She was lying on her side, she was facing him now. There were no words in her mind, she didn't know what to say. Jane placed a kiss on his jaw and closed her eyes.

»

A yawn escaped Marcus' lips, and he put a shirt over his head. He regretted he decided to go to the gym with his trainer on Saturday morning for a moment. He wanted to stay in bed with Jane.

He looked at her, she was still asleep. The words she shared last night kept repeating in his head. Marcus could feel the situation was bothering Jane. The last couple of weeks were hectic, and the upcoming weeks would be chaotic as well...

Marcus collected the last items. He put on his cap and backpack. A smile curved on his lips when he walked over to Jane, ready to say bye. "Bye babe, I'm going to the gym," he whispered and pressed a kiss on her cheek.