Thirtyeight.

Marcus pressed a soft kiss on Jane's forehead and softly stroked her cheek with his thumb. Her eyes were closed, and she calmly breathed. A smile curved on Marcus' face; she was just beautiful.

It was late in the evening, the night was probably nearing. They still were lying on the sofa, just embracing each other. They both were tired, tired of the situation and just had a lack of sleep. And Marcus just got home from an intensive triple-header.

"Babe," he softly said.

"Hmm," Jane hummed and sighed. She wrapped her arm tighter around Marcus' torso and pressed her face in his chest.

"Shall we go to bed?"

"No." She looked at him. "This is comfy." A tired smile curved on her lips. "I don't have my stuff with me." Jane didn't prepare to stay over.

"I have a lot of t-shirts you can borrow. I have an extra toothbrush. Don't worry."

"Okay," she whispered.

They both sat up and yawned at the same time. The living room was dimly lit. Nobody switched on a light during the evening. Marcus gave Jane a kiss and got up from the sofa. He made sure the windows were closed, and the front door was locked. Jane brought the empty glasses to the kitchen and cleared her throat.

"Let's see," Marcus mumbled when standing in the bathroom. "What colour do you want? Pink or green?" He gave Jane two attachments of the electric toothbrush.

"Pink," she replied and gave the green attachment back. She opened the packaging. "Thanks. But I have one serious question."

"What's your serious question?" Marcus gave Jane the toothbrush holder and sat down on the edge of the bath.

It made her smile, it was just stupid. "What do you want for your birthday?"

"That is one hell of a serious question," he admitted and got silent. He locked his eyes with Jane's eyes. "I don't know."

"Noted," she smirked.

"I'm always so bad at coming up with gifts. I don't know." A smile curved on his lips. "I will come back to that later. When is your birthday?" Marcus either forgot it, or it wasn't mentioned yet. It isn't mentioned yet.

"25th of December."

"Ah, you're a Christmas baby!" Marcus excitedly said. "That's adorable."

Jane shyly smiled and started to brush her teeth. She looked at herself in the mirror, luckily she wasn't wearing any makeup. She looked like crap, but at least she wouldn't have to sleep with makeup on. The only thing was that she didn't have her skincare products with her, but skipping it for once wouldn't be a problem.

After Jane, Marcus switched the brushes and brushed his teeth. Jane just 'cleaned' her face with water and waited for Marcus. This was the first time Jane stayed over at Marcus' place.

"Oh, my god," Jane whispered, and her eyes rounded. She sat down on Marcus' bed and bit her lip.

"What's wrong?" Marcus looked worriedly at Jane while giving her a t-shirt.

"I just realised I forgot the pill."

His eyes widened. "Is that bad?"

"I don't know." She looked at him. "I don't think so." The panic on Marcus' face was noticeable. "No." There was silence. "Oh, I forgot my medicines too. That isn't bad," Jane mentioned and softly giggled.

Marcus' face straightened. "Babe."

"I know, I'm chaotic. I almost missed the bus, and I didn't want to wait any longer."