Twentyfour.

The airplane touched down and the pilot brakes right away. Jane looked outside, it was dark and rainy. She was glad the flight was over, six hours were long - especially when your head hurts. The plane was almost empty, but who goes to Iceland in the spring anyway?

Jane grabbed her phone and switched the airplane mode off. It took a few minutes before her phone made the connection again. She was impatient. When she finally got connected to the server, the notification banners came in; news updates, messages, missed calls. Jane messaged Luna that she just landed. Her eyes fell on Marcus' chat, he messaged her multiple times.

Marcus
Sorry I didn't hear my phone ring

How are you doing?

I just heard your voicemail and it's understandable. Have a safe flight. Text me when you are home xx

It took the plane fifteen minutes before it arrived at the right parking spot. For once Jane was glad she was one of the only passengers on this flight. It only took the passengers ten minutes to get out of the plane.

Jane politely thanked the stewards and left the plane. The cold air slammed against her face. She was tired and already cold, this made it even worse. She grabbed her phone while walking through the tunnel and called Marcus.

"Jane," Marcus relievedly said when he picked up the call.

"Hey," Jane greeted him. "I just arrived in Reykjavik."

"That's good. How was the flight?"

It was quiet at the airport, but that seemed logical since she sat on one of the last flights of the Tuesday evening. "It was alright. The flight itself was fine, I have a headache at the moment, but that is logical."

"Yeah... I'm sorry I couldn't call you earlier."

"No, no, it's okay. Uhm, is it okay I will call you back tomorrow? I have to go through the customs now and I just wanted to let you know I arrived in Reykjavik," Jane mentioned and stopped walking. It was prohibited to use your phone at customs.

"Of course, no problem. Thank you for calling, Jane."

A shy smile curved on her lips, but it hurt. "I'm happy to hear your voice," she whispered.

"Good night."

"Good night, babe." Oh, did I really say this? Ah, mi gosh. Jane smiled, ignoring the pain in her cheek. "Bye."

"Bye, love."

The call ended and Jane stopped smiling. She never thought that a punch in the face would hurt this much. The punch itself didn't hurt much, but the bruises... Freaking heck. Jane switched her phone for her passport and walked through the customers.

She was luckily only carrying hand luggage, so she didn't have to wait at the baggage claim. When she passed all those waiting people, she could look all of them in the eyes. Everyone was looking at the bruised, swollen and blue cheek.

One thing she disliked immediately was the cold. All she had was a sweater, but it felt cold. Jane took a deep breath and walked through the famous sliding doors. Her eyebrows were squeezed together and she scanned everyone who was waiting for their loved ones; she did look angry. And with those bruises... It looked like she could murder everyone in the area.

Her eyes fell on one person who was having a massive smile on his face. It was her dad. And he smiled to make her smile. Jane's face softened and she showed a careful smile while walking towards him. She dropped her bag and opened her arms.