Twentythree.

The tears dripped from Jane's eyelids and slid down her face. She bit her lip tightly in an attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from her mouth. There was no one home, but she didn't want to hear her own ugly sobs. She had to hide her tears for the entire day; at the library, in the bus... And luckily Cate knew how to distract Jane, but as soon as she was home, she began to cry.

Jane entered her bedroom. She grabbed the trolley from under her bed and threw it on it. The tears wouldn't stop flowing. She wiped them away and took a deep breath. She only packed the most essential items, she hoped she would be back in a couple of days. And she had clothes - warm clothes that were made for Iceland and not Italy - at her home.

Just when the tears stopped for a moment, they welled up again and made the vision she had, swimming in front of her. Jane threw her shoes in the trolley and sat down on the edge of her bed. The lump in her throat developed into a knot. Her lungs screamed for oxygen, making her loudly gasp for air.

All she wanted was to go home home, to her mum and dad. Italy was her home, but her home home was in Iceland with her parents.

Jane shared the status of the current situation with her parents after she filed charges, she said they shouldn't be worried about her and that she would update them if something changed. Her parents wanted her to be home, or they wanted to go to Italy, but Jane didn't want to bother them; she was an adult after all. But even then, everyone wants their parents when something happens.

She dried her cheeks and sniffed. Jane called her dad and waited impatiently for him to answer the phone.

"Hæ," her dad said when he picked up the phone.

"Dad?" Jane said and swallowed hard, she was tired of crying again.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

The muscles in Jane's chin started to tremble like a small child. Her eyes became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. "I'm coming home," she said and a sob left her mouth.

A soft, but relieved sigh rolled over his lips. "That's okay," he softly said. "When will you be leaving Italy?"

"This afternoon. I don't know," she cried and took a deep breath. "I don't know if there are tickets left. I don't know if I'll have to go via Amsterdam or Copenhagen or a direct flight." She blinked. "Can I borrow some money to buy a ticket? I have to pay the rent tomorrow and I will get my salary on Friday."

"Don't worry about that, darling," her dad said and opened his laptop. "You don't have to worry about that. Have you already bought a ticket?"

"No, I'm gonna do that at the airport."

"There's a direct flight leaving at 17:00, can you still make that?"

Jane looked at the time, it was 1 o'clock now. The flight leaves at 17:00, boarding closes at 15:30, the train leaves at 13:30, and I have already packed my bag. "I should make it..." If the system doesn't fail again...

"I'm booking it right now," dad mentioned. "I will end the call now, so you can pack your stuff. And make sure Luna doesn't stay on her own. Leonardo probably won't do anything, but just to be sure."

"I will."

"Alright, sweetheart. Message me when you are at the airport. I will pick you up in Reykjavik."

She nodded. "Dad?"

"Yes, Jane?"

"Thank you," she softly said. "I love you." Jane bit her lip as soon she felt her lip tremble.

"I love you too."

The call ended and Jane shook her head. The tears wouldn't stop. For some reason, she was so emotional. Going home was probably the best for now. Jane grabbed the last things and called Marcus at the same time. There was a chance he wouldn't pick up his phone, but she didn't want to tell him over a message she was leaving Italy. Just like she expected, he didn't pick up his phone.