Sixteen.

"Lun?!"

Jane closed the door of their flat behind her and threw her bag on the ground. She kicked off her shoes and looked around; she wasn't sure if Luna was home this evening or not. However, the lights were on.

"Bedroom!" Luna shouted back from her bedroom.

Jane walked towards Luna's bedroom, only to see Luna curled up in her duvet and watching Netflix on her laptop. "Hey."

"How was it?" Luna closed her laptop and placed it on the night cabinet next to her bed. She made space for her best friend to sit on her bed. "Did you win?" A grin played on her lips; something special would've happened if that was true.

"Second to last," Jane smirked and sat down next to Luna on the duvet. She bit on the inside of her cheek and locked her eyes with Luna's eyes, who was waiting for more details. "Marcus and I kissed, and..."

"No way!" Luna blurted, and her eyes rounded. She sat up. "Tell me everything!"

A shy giggle rolled over Jane's lips, and she looked down. Her cheeks still felt warm, meaning she probably still was blushing. "Well, yeah, Callum dropped me off because we were carpooling, and Marcus walked me to the door. We were just talking about today, nothing special. And then we hugged, looked at each other, and it happened," she shyly told and looked at Luna again.

"How did it feel?"

Jane parted her lips, but smiled afterwards. "Butterflies everywhere."

Luna squealed and clapped in her hands. To some people, a kiss didn't matter much; to other people, it meant a lot. Luna was a girl who went on dates often, sometimes a one night stand, but she knew Jane was the complete opposite of that; she really waited for the right moment to kiss someone. "Jane! Oh, my gosh! A goodbye, good night kiss!"

"His lips were soft and warm," Jane breathed and let herself fall backwards on the bed. "Oh, goodness. It felt good. And it's just a kiss; I don't know why I'm making such a big deal out of this." She dreamingly sighed and looked at her best friend.

"Who cares? If it feels good and gives you an explosion of butterflies..." The corners of Luna's mouth curled up and laid down again. "It was about damn time, Jane." She supported her head by placing her hand under it. "You and Marcus kissed. You are officially in the next stage. How do you feel about it?"

"I..." Jane was playing with the rings around her fingers. "I don't want to sound like a hopeless teen, but I kept imagining how it felt like to kiss him. And now I'm like: I want more. It feels good..."

"You skipped the crush part, I hear. You went straight for the falling-in-love part," Luna amusingly smirked. It was silence. "But your karting adventure, how was that?"

"I suck at karting; that is something I know now," Jane shared and shook her head. "But we had to wear like the racing suits with all the gear. The boys wore their own race suit, which was pretty cool to see. The F2 suits are completely unknown to me, I didn't even recognise Marcus' suit. But the red Ferrari suit is something you recognise out of everything. Anyway, I had a sneeze attack, and Daniel Ricciardo saved me. Oh, that reminds me, I have to order meds tomorrow." She grabbed her phone and set up a reminder.

Luna's face straightened. "Daniel Ricciardo?"

"Yeah, he was there too. Just like Sebastian Vettel," Jane casually said and put her phone away again.

The jaw of Luna dropped, and she raised her eyebrows. "Mate, are you saying you were karting with Daniel Ricciardo, Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc?" Tears of excitement filled her eyes. "No way you did that?! Danny Ric, Seb and Charles Leclerc? Not forget to mention Mick Schumacher, Callum Ilott, Marcus Armstrong and those other dudes. Nope, just a regular karting afternoon, nothing special about it. It's just a bloody good driver, a four-time world champion and rising star in F1, the rookies of F2. Girl, do you even realise what you just did this afternoon?!"