CHAPTER 40

Sirius fell silent. He can't believe it. Someone believe that he was innocent. He stared at the girl next to him.

'She seems familiar. Where did I saw her?' he thought to himself. He didn't realize how long he stared at Jaiden until she put her hand on his forearm.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Have we ever met before?" He asked back. She shrugged.

"I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I'm Jaiden." He looked thoughtful for a moment until realization hit him.

"Remus?" That's all he said. Jaiden gave him a small smile and nodded.

"You're still alive." He said rather loud for Jaiden to hear.

"Who said I'm dead?" She asked with a small chuckled. Sirius shrugged.

"Well, you and your mother just disappeared one day. We tried to find you but we have no luck. By the way, how's Elizabeth now." Jaiden gave him a small sad smile.

"There's a lot you didn't know." Jaiden said. Sirius looked at her weirdly.

"Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. You, was an 8 years old, taking care of yourself until you go to Hogwarts and when you were at your first year, you spent lot of your time with your father without you knowing." Sirius concluded while pacing around the room. They were currently in the Shrieking Shack.

"And, you got a lot of trouble when people found out that you're a werewolf. Being cut on your forearm. Getting kicked and punched by all the students everytime you were out from your classes and dorm. What exactly all the Professors do?" At the end he just asking himself.

From the start Jaiden told him her story, he started to feel uncomfortable. After halfway through the story he started to pace around. He can't believe it. His unrelated blood niece going so much trouble in her life before Hogwarts.

"For god's sake, Uncle Siri. Sit down. You make me dizzy." Sirius went and sat next to her on the bed and waited for her answer. "Yes, I am. But it doesn't matter anymore. I'm living with my father now and all the students already apologize at me. There's nothing to fuss about."

"How about that six boys? Do you want me to bite them or something?" Jaiden laughed at his statement.

"No, Uncle Siri. I told you, they already served their detentions with Sevy and Dad." Sirius raised his eyebrow.

"Seems like you're in a good term with snivilles." Jaiden smiled immediately being wiped with his word.

"Uncle Siri, please. Stop calling him that. He's a nice person. You didn't see it because you didn't try to be friends with him. Everyone make a mistake. Just because he called Aunty Lily that awful thing, we can't forgive him. Like what I told you, Sevy forgave my father. Why don't you?" Sirius looked slightly regret about what he said because of Jaiden sad expression.

"I don't know, Pup. I don't like him. He always-" Jaiden didn't want to hear he finished his sentence so she cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it, Uncle Siri. If this is where the topic will go, I would rather to not hear it." She said without looking at him.

"Okay. I'm sorry."

"Can you try to be his friends?" Jaiden asked with hope in her eyes.

"I'll try. But I'm not promising anything though." Jaiden gave him a small smile.

"It's okay. At least you try, Uncle Siri."

"You still want to call me Uncle, eh?" She looked at him confusedly.