CHAPTER 72

"I don't know, Molly. But since Remus already-" Sirius and the others were currently in the kitchen. They all were talking about Jaiden's problem.

Molly was asking Sirius about how to make Jaiden happy again. But he didn't have any chance to finish his sentence because they all heard a very loud scream coming from downstairs.

They all changed a worried look before rushed up the stairs. They followed the voice until they were at the third floor. It was coming from Jaiden's room. They all ran and bursted in to her room.

There they all saw Remus was struggling to hold back Jaiden who was screaming and crying. Sirius immediately went to her side and helped Remus with her. The others stood at the doorway, not sure what to do.

"Jaiden, calm down!" Remus said while still had his arms around her. Jaiden didn't hear him. Her eyes was locked at the corner of her room. She saw the two boys that she had killed. They both were glaring dagger at her.

"How could you do that!" The youngest shouted.

"We will never forgive you! Never!" The oldest shouted too. Then they gone. 

It didn't stop there. Everyone's voices were coming back in her mind. She tried to block it out but she obviously didn't make it.

Remus couldn't see his daughter in this state. It broke his heart. Finally, he pulled Jaiden to his chest and stroke her hair. That was the least he could do.

"Shh, shh. I'm here, I'm here. I've got you, Sweetheart. Shh, we all here." Jaiden kept crying into his shirt. Her hand was clutching the side of Remus's shirt while Sirius was holding the other.

"Please don't leave." She said into his shirt.

"No, love. I'm here now. I'll never leave you." He placed a kiss on the top of her head. "Ever again." Sirius saw that Remus was trying his best to hold back his tears.  He rubbed his arm.

"We all here for you, Jaiden. Don't you worry." Sirius said while rubbing her back. "You're not alone."

"Here, Dear. Drink this." Molly said and passed her a glass of water. Jaiden pulled away from Remus and drank it. She handed it back to Molly and muttered thanks to her.

"I'm sorry." Jaiden said and looked down. In that room, there were only Remus and herself. The others already went out to give them some space.

"For what?" Remus asked.

"Because of me, you had to come back here and leave your mission for a while." She said and still looking down at the floor to avoid eye contact with him.

"No, Cub. No need to apologize. After what had happened, I'll not going to stay on my mission and let you handle this things alone." Remus said kindly and she nodded. Then, something clicked in her mind.

"Dad?" He hummed in respond. "Am I a burden to you?" She asked quietly. Remus furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" He asked in complete shock. He didn't have a clue of where she got that idea from. "What makes you think that you're a burden to me?" Jaiden swallowed hard.

She took a deep breath and opened her mouth. "I heard your voice..in my dream. You said that you will never come back and I'm just a burden to you."

"Jaiden listen," He wrapped his arm around her and brought her closer to his side which she instantly leaned in. "You are not a burden to me. You will never be. Whatever you heard in that dream of yours, that's not true at all."

"But some of them are true." She said into his cardigan. Remus looked down at her and knitted his eyebrows together.

"What?" She shook her head and pulled away from him.