CHAPTER 55

Jaiden didn't know where to go. Her breath became quicker by second. She made up her mind to go up to the Astronomy Tower. When she arrived, she sat down at the edge of the tower. She thought how stupid she be.

"Why I told him everything about my ability? You're so stupid, Jaiden. You said without even thinking. Congratulations." She said to herself. She was furious at herself. She stared at the night sky and just thinking about what she had done. About what happened tonight with Cedric's death.

"Can't we just have a normal year? A year that we don't need to put our lives in danger." She said again to herself.

"That's because you're the one who seek danger, idiot." Came a voice from the stairs. She turned to that way and saw Snape. She sighed and looked back at the night view. Snape sighed slightly and went to sit next to Jaiden.

"Who is that man?" She asked.

Snape looked at her weirdly. "I thought you know him. The way he was talking to you."

"No. I don't know him. Once, I saw him in one of my dream. Who is he?" Snape nodded.

"Barty Crouch Jr." Snape said. Jaiden just nodded. "What he was talking about?" He asked. Jaiden took a deep breath.

"40 minutes after the last task started, he called for me. He brought me to his office and started to asked me about my ability. And then, he asked me if I can control something. I said I'm not sure but he taught me how to. Turns out, I can control someone to do whatever I want. It's just like the Imperius Curse." Snape just looked at the girl next to him.

"And, when he said that Voldemort will know about this, I got scared." She confessed. "I have the dream before, that Barty tried to put my name in that goblet too, but he failed."

"Jaiden, it's alright. As long as you are under your father and Uncle's wings, you're gonna be fine. And when you're at school, you're gonna be safe. If you're not convince yet, me myself will protect you." Snape said. By this time, Snape had his arm wrapped around her and she snuggled closer to him. "I made a promise with Remus, you see. I promise him that I will take care of you at school. There's nothing to be afraid of, little one." Snape said again.

"Thank you, Sevy." She said into his robe.

"Anytime." She pulled back and smiled at him. Surprisingly, he smiled back. Then, they both just looked at the view.

"Is it hurt?" Jaiden asked after a few minutes of silence between them. Snape looked at her.

"What's hurt?" He asked.

"When Voldemort rise again. Your mark. Is it hurt?" Snape looked at her in shock.

"How'd you know?" He asked.

"The Yule Ball night, I heard Karkaroff and you were talking. At first I didn't get what you two were talking, but then he said about the mark and arm." By the end, she looked at him. He looked down and sighed.

"It hurts, but I could mask it. But you need to know, Jaiden. I'm no-"

"No longer the Death Eater. I know." She said and smiled slightly.

"Wait, how did you know all of this? I don't recall tell you anything." He asked.

"You need to be careful at what kind of subject and where you were talking, Sevy. Especially me, since I have a werewolf hearing." She said. Snape rolled his eyes at her and looked back at the view.

The next day, all of them were at the courtyard to bid their goodbye with the other two schools. Jaiden had made a few new friends too with the other schools. When they all left, Jaiden went inside to packed up her things since they will leave tomorrow.