CHAPTER 46

The next morning, Jaiden woke up in completely different place. She recalled what had happened last night. She remembered that she stayed with Sirius and her father in the Shrieking Shack. Just then she heard someone groaned behind her.

She turned around and saw her father. Remus opened his eyes just to see his daughter's brown eyes that very similar with him. She smiled at him.

"Morning, Dad."

"Morning, Cub." He said with hoarse voice. Remus turned away from Jaiden and saw Sirius still asleep. "Sirius, wake up." He called. Sirius woke up with a groaned and looked at both Lupins.

"Morning, you two." Sirius said and sat up.

"Morning." They said together. They made a small talk while eating their breakfast that Jaiden conjured for them.

Sirius took a deep breath and said, "Okay, let's go to Dumbledore." The Lupins nodded and got up from the floor. "Let us help you, Rem." Sirius said. Jaiden and Sirius prop him up until they went out from the Whomping Willow. Jaiden put up the Invisibility Charm around them and walked inside.

When they reached at the front door of Dumbledore's office, Jaiden took off the charm and Remus composed himself. Jaiden knocked on the door and it swung opened by itself. They three walked in and there wasn't any sign of ministry people yet.

"Good morning, you three." Dumbledore greeted them. They mumbled morning back to him. "So, you all is here now, I can call for ministry." Dumbledore said and went to his fireplace.

For Jaiden, it seemed like Dumbledore was contacting someone through the fire. Dumbledore then walked away from the fireplace. The fire roared and there stood Cornelius Fudge and two more ministry people. The two ministry people immediately pointed their wand at Sirius when they spotted him. It made Jaiden went protectively in front of him.

Jaiden and Fudge made eye contact. It didn't go unnoticed by Jaiden that she saw fear flicked through Fudge's eyes.

"Lower your wand." Fudge said to his people. They looked at Fudge with confusion but obeyed his instructions. "As I understand, you want Sirius Black to have a trial. Is it true?" He asked Jaiden. She nodded. "Okay. We will redo his trial-" Jaiden furrowed her eyebrows in anger and cut him off.

"What'd you mean by 'redo'? He never had one. You just thrown him in Azkaban." She said with a slight anger. Fudge looked startled by this.

"Wait. You never had one?" Remus asked Sirius in disbelief. Sirius looked at him and shook his head slowly. The next thing happened to Fudge was, he got a death glared from both Lupins. Fudge people flinched and looked away to avoid Lupins glared. Fudge tore his eyes off of them both and looked at Dumbledore who was smiling at the scene.

"Albus, Black will have his trial tomorrow. But for now, we can't let him stay here. We need to bring him with us back to the cell at the ministry." Fudge said. Dumbledore looked at Jaiden for approval and Jaiden nodded.

"Okay." He replied. Jaiden turned around to Sirius and hugged him. He bend down to her level and hugged her back gently because it was full moon last night after all.

"Be careful." Jaiden whispered in his ear They broke the hug and Sirius smiled and nodded at her. He went to Remus and hugged him gently too. "Be careful, Sirius." Remus said once they broke their hug. Sirius smiled at the Lupins in front of him.

"You two are so much alike." He said with a slight chuckled. They just smiled at him. The ministry people went to Sirius and grabbed him by both his arm. Before they can go into the fireplace, Jaiden called back.

"Be gentle with him." She warned while glaring at them both. The two of them looked at each other before nodded and disappeared through the fireplace. Sirius smirked at her attitude. It made him proud. Fudge slowly walked to fireplace. He avoid the Lupins gaze and disappeared through the fire.