Chapter 6

"Yui what exactly are we looking for?" I asked while walking down the stairs 
"Look!" Yui said, pointing at a phone station, "I found one!" 
Oh so that's what she was looking for. That's smart, this is a public school building of course they would have a phone. 
Yui jogged towards the phone and placing her bag down ready to use it but a certain vampire with a teddy beat stopped us. I quickly raced in front of Yui in case he was going to strike at her.
"Ka...Kanato, you're still here?" Yui asked in disbelief 
Of course he is these vampires never stop following us
"Yui, don't you understand why I am here?" Kanato asked 
Me and Yui stared at him in confusion until it clicked with his next few words. 
"I'm thirsty. So is teddy" Kanato stated getting closer to us
This isn't good, if I wasn't here then he could have bitten Yui. 
"Say Teddy? What do you think of Yui for being so callous." Kanato asked
That conniving little....Ugh sometimes I just want to ruin his teddy bear right in his face. He is always insulting Yui like it is some type of game. 
"I..I'm sorry. All right, I'll go and buy you something." Yui offered, "I'm sorry Teddy." 
That was her biggest mistake yet. The number one rule is do not even look at Teddy, nevertheless speak to him.
"Would you please not address my Teddy as though you know him?" Kanato asked, "I am the only advisor he needs, "Isn't that right Teddy?" 
"O...Oh, I didn't know." Yui informed me, "Anyway, I'll be right back!" 
Yui left while I stayed, not wanting to leave just yet. We stared at each other for a couple seconds until he asked, "Would you stop staring at me?" 
"Why do you carry teddy around?" I asked 
"Huh? Teddy did she just say your name out of her ridiculous mouth." Kanato asked and than started laughing 
Honestly, why did I even bother to ask? I turned around and followed Yui. 

After 5 minutes we returned back to Kanato with coffee. 
"Here, I brought you coffee." Yui offered 
Not even a second later Kanato smacked it out of her hands. 
"Ow..." Yui winced 
"Are you okay?" I asked, blowing on her fingers, "Why did you do that Kanato?!" 
"I prefer things that are sweet! I hate things that are bitter, like coffee! Why can't you see that?!" Kanato yelled 
"You could have told us that! Do you know how expensive coffee is these days? You're lucky I even spent a dime on you." I said angrily 
"Don't talk back to me!" Kanato shouted, "You are worthless and have no right!"
"And you have no right to throw good coffee on the floor!" I stated
"Shut up!" Kanato yelled
"What do you want from us?" Yui asked
"I want you to think of that on your own." Kanato said softly 
Just like that the little kid side of him was back. It's like he switches emotions every second. And the look in his eyes when he said those words were filled with loneliness. 
"Do you want something else?" I asked 
"No, thank you. I am no longer interested." Kanato said, "Did the coffee splash in your finger?" 
He was about to grab Yui's hand but I quickly held it and pulled Yui a little backwards. 
"She's fine." I said 
"It was painfully hot, I could make it better." Kanato said
"Like I said, she's fine." I said again 
Kanato just hummed and stared at the hand grabbing his before taking it and licking my index finger. 

I pulled my hand away gently and let it rest behind me in case he planned anything else. 
"Tell me... Do you hate me? Well, do you? Do you want to learn more about me?" Kanato asked 
"Hate is a strong word, a word I could never use. Hating starts with disliking someone and I do not dislike you. I can't help but want to learn more about you before I decide on the fact that I hate you." I stated, "I can't lie, you get on my nerves sometimes but it does not make me dislike you." 
Kanato looked at me with his eyes widened, he was most likely shocked by my words. I can't hate someone without seeing their personality. That's surprising to hear but I'm just not the type of person who comes to conclusions so fast. Even though I should dislike him because of what he is and what he has done, I can't not just yet. 
Without any further comments Kanato walked away but Yui called out to him one last time, "Kanato, have you seen my bag anywhere?" 
"I put it up on the roof." Kanato said 
"B..But why?" Yui asked 
"To punish you." Kanato stated, "Teddy, the phone there has been broken for 2 weeks now. Isn't that common knowledge?" 
And he's back to his psychopathic self. But maybe he will show the more sincere side of him often. Hell maybe my words inspired him or something.
"I'll grab your bag Yui, stay here." I said 
Yui thanked me and tried to see if she could fix the phone while I headed to the roof.