Chapter 31

It's so bright. Compared to the darkness I was just in, this lighting is blinding. 
I opened my eyes and groaned while rubbing them. I sat up and stretched and was about to get up when I realized my hands felt less heavier. I quickly looked at my wrists and the cuffs were gone. 
When did they come off? 
I looked at my bedside table and saw a note. 
"You melted off your cuffs. Your power is free. But we will still fight to keep you here. So you will have to kill us before leaving. We are all downstairs in the living room. If you do not wish to stay then escape through the window. But if you stay then go to the living room." 

They're giving me a choice. But that means I'll have to kill them. I wanted them dead. I hate them all. I shouldn't miss out this opportunity to kill them with my bare hands.  
"Your just like me"
No I'm not. I'm bringing justice to myself. The brothers would be proud. Eleanor would be proud. Right? 
"Cece" 
Big sister 
"Don't hurt him. I know he stole your toy, but try to ask for it back or call your strong big sister to help you get it back." 
Yui...
"Big sister is always here for you. Your strong sister will fight all your confusion away. Just think of me and your problems go poof." 
I'm thinking of you Yui.. make all of this go poof. 
"I know it feels nice to get justice, but stop and think. Will you feel any better? Or will you feel guilty? Either way, whatever choice you make, I will always be here to support you. But think before doing it because you can get severely hurt." 
Please help me make this decision Yui. I feel so lost. I need my big sister. I'm so confused. I want to leave and I want to stay. Why do I always feel so confused? 
"Of course you don't always have to listen to me. If you want to punch him for taking your toy then do it. I'll be here to back you up. But you can always go with the safe approach first before sorting to violence." 
O-okay. I'll go with the safe approach first. And if they don't listen I'll always have you to back me up. Even though you're far away. I know you'll be here for me. 

I sigh heavily and shakily get out of bed and wipe my tears away with the long sleeves of the white night dress. I opened my door and headed to the living room. I opened the door and stepped inside to be greeted by the 4 brothers.
They all stared at me shocked.
"We thought you were going to leave." Ruki muttered 
"I'm staying until you get your goal. B-But only if you all follow my rules." I said, "You will only drink with my consent and with my consent only." 
I could see the cogs turning in their brains until Ruki spoke up. 
"Okay." Ruki agreed 
"And you will all call me by my name. Not any nicknames." I ordered 
Thankfully they all nodded. I feel kind of better. 
"And I want to go to school again." I said
"WHAT?!" they all exclaimed 
I knew that was coming. 
"The Sakamakis will try to take you." Ruki said
"No they won't. Because I won't let them. But I'll be leaving either way if you don't let me go to school." I retorted 
They were all hesitant and frustrated by my order but they all agreed. 

After a couple of minutes of silence stood up and smiled, "Well I've got to go to work! Cya kitten." 
Kou patted my head and left through the door. 
I'll let that one possibly stay. 
"I have work to catch up to." Ruki said and left as well.
"My garden needs tending." Yuma muttered and teleported away.
All that was left was Azusa and Me. 
"Hey...Eve-" 
"It's Cecilia." 
"Oh...right." Azusa acknowledged, "Then Cecilia...Can you put me to sleep?"
"Huh?" I asked 
"I've been having trouble sleeping. So can you help me?" Azusa said 
That's a weird request. But I feel safe doing it cause I know that I can easily stop him if he tries to break a rule. He also reminds me of Kanato. Kanato has never asked me for help to sleep even though he needs some, so it's kind of refreshing to help someone who needs sleep. 
I nodded and grabbed his hand to take him to his room. I tucked him inside his bed and sat next to him. 
"How do you want me to help?" I asked 
"Your presence... puts me to sleep." Azusa said 
I nodded silently and ran my finger through his hair. I have to admit this is probably the softest hair I have ever felt. It falls close to Laitos. I watched silently as Azusa drifted off. Maybe I should get some shut eye too. It would feel nice to sleep willingly. I chuckled at my thought and sat against the headboard and drifted off the dreamland. 

The door opened downstairs. Now that I have my powers I can feel basically everything in this house. That's gonna suck. I sighed and looked at the time and saw that it was 4 o'clock. I groaned and got out of the bed and headed to the stairs. I wonder who is coming back at this time. Oh, it was Kou. 
"Kou?"
"Oh hey Kitten! Perfect timing." Kou exclaimed, wiping the rain droplets off him.
"How smart of you not to wear a jacket or bring an umbrella with you on a rainy day." I said sarcastically 
"The weather said it wasn't gonna rain." Kou whined, "Come with me to my room."
Usually I would be wary but that was then I had no magic. I shrugged and followed after him to his room. 

He took off his jacket vest and threw it on a chair and started to dry his hair with a towel. 
"Man, this really sucks." Kou whined, fiddling with the buttons on his shirt
"Who knew that a vampire couldn't get his buttons out." I chuckled 
"Stop making stupid and help me get changed." Kou ordered 
Well when he puts it that way, it sounds very indecent. But fuck it. 
I walked towards and started to unbutton his shirt
"Hey kou what kind of work do you do?" I asked 
"You're really clueless aren't you kitten" Kou asked 
Wow two faced much. 
"I work as an idol." Kou answered 
Never heard any of your music. Must not be popular. I smiled at my thought until Kou turned around and took off his shirt. There were scars. Usually scars are common, but these are scars from whips. I know whip scars when I see them thanks to Eleanor. I shivered at the thought of the scars I saw on Laito in my dream world. 
"Those scars..." I trailed 
"Oh these? Are you curious?" Kou asked, smiling at me and then took off his shirt fully turning to me with his abs on display, "Then let me tell you a fairytale! It's about a boy who has been alone since birth. Once upon a time- there was a boy who'd lived in the filthy sewers for as long as he could remember."

He's telling me his story. It already sounds like a story full of woe. 
"Having never seen the outside world there was one thing he longed for. It was the small, round sky visible from the manhole. He longed to obtain that bright, beautiful sky."
I watched as he animated that manwhol with his hands as he continued to tell his story, "He thought that his dream would come true if he could just get outside. Then suddenly, one day. That boy was able to get out. His heart overflowed with hope for this new world. However, he was taken to a certain institution." 

A brothel. I could tell in his eyes that it wasn't a workplace or anything. It was a brothel. Of course it was. He was a child who had blonde and blue eyes, the perfect merchandise. Disgusting. 
"The place was full of children with no place to go, just like the boy. There, a world more terrifying than the sewers was waiting for the boy. The boy was more beautiful then most of the children, so he was given nice clothes and fed good food.  But, in return, he became the prey if aristocrats who used money a power, and suffered subhuman treatment" 
Aristocrats? This must've happened in an older time period. 
"In this world... There are some who think imperfection makes a thing all the more beautiful." Kou said smiling 
How can he smile like that? I hate it when they always smile at the most painful things that have happened to them. 
"Why are you making that face?" Kou asked 
"How can you smile at something so painful?" I asked 
Kou stopped and stared at me for a second before smiling, "Some good things happened, too. I obtained brothers. It's where I met Ruki and the others."

Before I could get ask Kou and grabbed my wrist and said, "Hey Kitten. Sleep with me."
Instead of flushing red I huffed and said, "As if you're more than 2 inches."
Kou chuckled at my words and pulled me down this bed and covered the blankets over both of us, before whispering in my ear, "Maybe one day you'll find out." 
I ignored his comment and fell into dreamland again, and this time I was content. 

I snapped awake when I felt the room grow louder.
"Stop!" 
I sat up and looked next to me at Kou. He was sweating and panting heavily. I was about to wake him up when he whimpered and said, "Please, stop!" 
Oh no...Kou
"No...No..." 
Even if it is for a little bit. I'll provide you relief. I gently cupped his cheeks and used my powers to put his mind at ease. I used my water power to try to heal his mind. To get rid of the bad people clouding it. It's not gonna last long. But it will do. I sighed out of relief when his features turned from terrified into content. I removed my hands from his cheek and laid down next to Kou. I held his hand as I fell back to sleep, hoping that it would be enough to fight the bad dreams away. I'm sorry for what you have gone through Kou.