Chapter 18

It's been a couple months now since Yui changed and in that time I warmed up a lot to the Sakamaki's and I think they warmed up to me aswell.
"Shu!" I yelled jumping on him 
"Your heavy get off." Shu demanded not opening his eyes 
I ignored his complaint and asked, "Is Yui doing good? Did she finally teleport?" 
"Hey melons stop getting all cuddly with that lazy ass." Ayato demanded 
"You're just jealous that I'm loving up Shu while you sulk in the corner." I shot back
"I don't sulk especially for a low life like you." Ayato said 
"Whatever makes you sleep at night." I said
"Don't be so harsh Little Bitch you might hurt his feelings." Laito teased 
"Yes Ayato gets hurt easily." Kanato agreed
"Shut the fuck up!" Ayato ordered 
"Cecilia!" 
I jumped and fell off the couch when I heard Yui out of nowhere. 
"Huh Yui, where did you come from?" I asked 
"From upstairs." Yui said 
"So fast?" I questioned but then finally realized why she was smiling, "Oh my God! I can't believe you finally teleported." 
I got up and gave her a hug, leaving the triplets to continue teasing Ayato. 
"Why didn't you tell me Shu?" I asked 
"Yui said she wanted it to be a surprise." Shu answered lazily.
I awed and gushed at Shu's thoughtfulness which I think annoyed him because he teleported away after 3 seconds.
"I can now teleport you wherever you want to go." Yui stated
"Awesome!" I replied then turning to the triplets who were still arguing, "Okay that's enough. I think Ayato had enough teasing, his face practically matches his hair." 
"Why you little-" 
"Yui teleport me to my room." 
I didn't even let Ayato finish his sentence before I teleported away with the help of Yui.
"That was totally awesome!" I squealed 
"Do not get too excited, I'm still a little wobbly." Yui protested 
"It's still so cool." I disagreed 
"Good news is that we can get away from here." Yui said 
Oh I hadn't thought about that. With Yui's teleportation and my powers we can escape from this place now that we have all the answers we were looking for. But I can't. Not yet, not ever. 
"Yui-" 
"I know. You want to stay." Yui said 
"How did you-" 
"I'm your big sister, remember? I asked because I wanted to make sure what your answer was going to be." Yui said 
"I almost thought you lost your touch." I joked 
We giggled at my joke until I said, "Oh I have something for you to celebrate. I was saving it for this day." 
"You really didn't have to." Yui said 
"Of course I do. You always used to get me gifts when I got good grades or accomplished something." I said, "You accomplished something so it's only fair that I give you a gift as well. Now open it."
I handed her the small box wrapped in pink wrapping paper.
"Before I open it, how did you manage to get a gift?" Yui curiously examined the box. 
"Let's just say I bribed the hell out of Shu."
"Well I appreciate it tons."
I watched anxiously as she opened the gift holding back my smile when her eyes brightened and she smiled. In her hand was a silver ring that had sapphire in the middle. 
"We are the starlight..." 
"That shines more in the deepest night." I finished holding out another ring that is identical to Yui's
"I got us promise rings with quotes inside them." I said 
"You used the quote father would say to us." Yui teared up and sniffled, "Everytime we would miss our father he would say this to us. I miss him so much."
"I know Yui, but he will always be with us and we will always be with him. Wherever he is he can see us cause we shine brighter than anything else." I comforted rubbing her back.
"I'm the oldest one yet I cry the most." Yui chuckled, wiping her tears.
That's good. It reminds me that you're still here. I was worried that she would change since she became a vampire but she's still the same. 
"I should wash up. And sleep I have a long day of training tomorrow." Yui said 
"I can only imagine. Reiji is on duty tomorrow." I said opening the door for Yui.
Yui said her goodbyes and left. I missed her presence but didn't dwell on it. It's been a while since we conversed together. It was nice and made me feel alive, if that makes sense. I grabbed my towel and night wear to take a bath. I entered my bathroom and saw Shu in my bathtub.
"Again?" I asked, "Shu I want to take a bath. I can't wash your hair every night." 
"Your fingers feel nice." Shu said plainly, "They make all my stress go away. Besides, you owe me for taking you out."
I groaned and lazily dragged my feet over to him before plopping down onto my knees.
"I hate you..." I grumbled grabbing my coconut and jasmine shampoo. 
"Did you get a new one?" Shu asked curiously.
"Yeah I took the opportunity since we were out." I replied wetting his hair with a small basin I got from the kitchen.
"Why don't you use the shampoo we provide?"
"It doesn't smell good and I don't trust it."
Shu chuckled and said, "Even after living with us for 6 months you still don't trust us?" 
"That's not my reason. I trust you guys with my life believe it or not, but you guys have different hair then me so I need products that I trust to work on my hair." I replied massaging the shampoo in his scalp.
"I wonder why you trust us. We are not the best beings and we are all unstable. Why stay?" Shu asked blankly, "Yui can teleport now, why not go?"
"Honestly I've grown attached to you guys. I didn't like you guys at first but after a couple months I learned that you guys aren't the worst." I said, "Creepy and annoying Yes, but deep down you guys are more."
"You expect too much from us." Shu stated 
"I do, don't I?" I asked running my conditioner through his hair, "But you can't blame me. After living here you guys are still the same. You guys should step out of your comfort zone once and a while."
"Like I said, you expect too much from us." Shu said
"But maybe you guys can live up to them. I'll never know until it happens." I said, washing out the conditioner. 
Right when I said those words he teleported away leaving me on the ground dumbfounded.