Chapter 33

School is almost ending and I haven't crossed paths with Yui, Subaru, or Shu. Usually you could see Shu in the hallways sleeping. But I haven't seen him at all. I traveled through the hallways hoping to find at least one of them until I heard loud screams. They were coming from the girls surrounding Kou. Ugh idol work. 
Then my arm was grabbed and I was teleported to the roof. 
"What the-?" 
I was then roughly pinned to the fence. 
A hand slammed next to me to keep me in place. I was about to project fire when I realized it was Subaru. 
"Subaru?" I questioned 
"Was it your own choice to live with them?" Subaru asked, "Answer me."
Not a month ago it wasn't. But now it is. How do I explain that to him? Apparently I was taking too long to answer when he said, "You can't even answer?" 
"I don't know how to explain it to you."
"Why don't you answer him, Kitten?" 

Kou...shit a hothead against a tease. This shouldn't end well
"You want her back?" Kou asked 
"Huh?" Subaru questioned 
"You're mad because your food was taken away, right?" Kou asked
"Y-You-" 
"Oh, I get it. You like her, don't you?" Kou asked 
"Yeah so what?" Subaru admitted nonchalantly, "What's it to you?" 
It seems that Subaru's confession lit something inside of Kou. Kou then vanished from my eyes to behind me. 
"Well too bad she's ours now." Kou flaunted 
"Fucker, I'll kill you!" Subaru aaid 
"Wait!" I yelled, "Subaru please, don't do anything." 

I then turned to Kou and slapped him
"Why are you provoking him?" I asked,"You do not like people provoking you, so don't provoke him."
I huffed and turned back to Subaru and said, "But he's right. I'm not coming back to the Sakamaki Mansion for a while." 
"What?! Did they threaten you?" Subaru asked 
"We did not-" 
"NO! It's my decision, can you please trust me one this?" I begged, "I'm sorry for not being there for you guys and I will continue to be sorry. So please trust me on this." 

Subaru tched and grabbed my arms, pulling me close to him. He moved the collar of my shirt down and bit into My neck. It stung a little bit. The feeling that came after was amazing. It was a feeling I felt a thousand times before. 
I heard Kou chuckled and came closer to me. He moved the other side of my shirt down and looked me in the eyes and asked, "May I?" 
"Instead of protesting, I nodded welcoming another pair of fangs. Kou's bit felt like sunshine. Just pure Sunshine. Like the feeling you get when you bask in the Sunshine on the beach. It was lovely.
"Looks like you do like her, Subaru." Kou teased 
"Shut up." Subaru ordered 
After the scene with Subaru and Kou I felt a little dizzy and decided to hang out in the music room for a bit. It's always vacant most of the time. Perfect for some shut eye. But a certain blonde was here. 
"Shu?" I called for 

I could tell he wasn't surprised by his stature. He probably knew since I stepped on school grounds. He's probably been avoiding me. Until now. He stopped.
"Come here." Shu ordered with his eyes still closed. 
I went over and stood in front of him, but it seemed like he didn't favor that since, his eyebrows twitched. Instead of standing up I did something risky and sat on his lap instead. 
"Do you understand how long you left?" Shu asked, still not opening his eyes.
"Yes. But it wasn't my choice."
"But yet you still want to stay." 
"Yes..."
"Why?" 
"I had a dream."
"Explain. Now."
"I-I can't"
"I won't take no for an answer Cecilia."
"I'm sorry. I really can't." 
"Why?" 
"I d-don't know.."
"Despicable..."

I flinched at his insult and finally looked up at him. He was staring down at me with fury in his eyes but his stature was calm. 
"I'm sorry that I can't explain. But I will. I promise I just need a little time."
"With the half bloods?" Shu asked 
"Yes." I confirmed 
"I don't like this decision." Shu expressed, "Especially since they took what was ours."
"I'm sorry but this is my decision." I said
Shu sighed and did something that took me by surprise. He hugged me. 
"S-Shu-?" 
"I missed my sleeping partner." Shu mumbled
"I missed you too." I said, "I'm sorry but I have to go now. I need to find Yui." 
Shu held on for a little longer before nodding. 
"I'll see you tomorrow. I promise." I said 
I stepped outside the music room and headed to my last class. So far I haven't seen Yui in any of my classes. It's worrisome. So instead of heading to class I checked every room inside the school. To my surprise she was in the culinary arts room.

"Yui?" I called for 
No response 
I went over to her and tapped her shoulder, but she didn't turn around. Is she mad? 
"Yui?" I called for again 
"Do you know how worried I was?" Yui asked shakily 
"You were probably so worried that you could commit murder." I chuckle
"No I would've killed the brothers. You got kidnapped because if them."
"Yui-" 
"NO! Let me speak! I looked for you day and night. I thought you died!" 
"I'm sorry...:
"Sorry isn't enough. I-I should've got us out of this before you got kidnapped. And now you want to stay?! With the people who kidnapped you?! Why?!" 
I sighed and fidgeted with my fingers and stayed in silence.
"We're leaving." Yui stated 
"What! No!" I protested
"I won't let anymore vampires taint you." Yui said 
"Yui I didn't get kidnapped because of the brothers. I got kidnapped because of what I am!" I spat out, "Almost everyone is after me because I am the only elemental alive! 2 stupid bloodthirsty witches, a vampire king,... Yui all of this was inevitable..."

I watched as tears trailed down her cheeks one by one.
"Why us?" Yui asked, "I feel so helpless. I can't protect you, when I'm supposed to. I'm a horrible big sister."
If only you knew how much good you do for me. 
I walked towards her and cradled her into a hug. 
"I-I was so scared w-when we couldn't find you. I was so scared." Yui cried, "Don't do that to me ever again." 
"I won't." I said 
"Promise me."
"I promise."