Chapter 42

"She isn't fine, her fever isn't going down!"
"What do we do?!"
"I can only give so much of this potion!"
"I've checked all the books and there's nothing on her condition."
"She's been asleep for a week with this fever, she could be dying."
"Ugh...." I groaned
"Cecilia are you alright?!" Reiji asked
I shakily sat up and clutched my head. It felt like a hammer was slammed into my head. I could barely hear anything besides the ringing in my ears.
"Breath in and out and block out the ringing." Reiji instructed, "In....and out..., In...and out...."
I followed his breathing until I finally could hear and open my eyes. The bright light made me close them again, but after a couple seconds I opened them again.
"What happened?" I asked still clutching my head
"Are you in any pain?" Shu asked worridely
"My head hurts." I answered, "But it's not serious."
"You were passed out for a week with a high fever, everything is serious." Ayato protested
I was about to respond back but I felt a hand pulling me down a little. I looked down at my hand saw Azusa clutching into it while sleeping.
"He wouldn't leave your side." Ruki said, answering my thoughts.

Ruki pressed his hand against my forehead and said, "The fever is gone, but she feels ice cold."
Reiji came over and felt my forehead too and nodded, "That's strange, only vampires feel this cold."
I quickly did a ball of fire in my hands. Phew I'm not a vampire, not like it's a bad thing. I just find it fun to be a elemental.
"My question is as to why you passed out for a week." Reiji said, "Do you have any memories of what happened before you passed out?"
"No..." I answered solemnly, "All I remember is having these weird dreams."
"What...were those...dreams..about?" Azusa asked
I looked at him in surprised and said, "They were more like nightmares...but I'm sure that they do not have anything to do with this."
I can't tell them about Nevua not yet. The less they know the better. They aren't strong enough to take her and Misaki on.
"You need something in your stomach." Ruki said, "All of you leave, and ask one of your butlers to bring her food. After that she should rest."
"She did enough-"
"No he's right Ayato." Reiji butted in, "She slept enough to sweat off the fever she should re-energize now. We still do not know the cause of the fever or her passing out, so it's best for her to get some energy."
Ayato tsked and teleported away. The rest of them also left in distain except for Shu.
"How come you stayed?" I asked
"Can't fall asleep without my special pillow." Shu answered and smirked
He laid down next to me and wrapped his arms around me.
"You can talk to me if something is wrong." Shu said out of nowhere, "Recently you have been tense. We are here for your sake, so do not be afraid to go to us for help."

This one thing I can't tell you guys about. This should be my fight. I can't let you guys die at my expense. The vampire king couldn't take on Misaki never the less his children. It's sad but it's true. I care to much to let you all die. I wanted to say those words but instead I asked, "Where's Yui?"
"She was worried this whole week that she went back to the church." Shu answered
"You mean..." I trailed off
"Yes the church your father was the priest of. She's looking for answers on your condition."
"I doubt the church has any answers."
"You never know, I mean they've been handing over brides for centuries to vampires, they could have some intel."

I sighed and turned around to face Shu's chest.
"I wish I could be laying next to you for forever." I said
"Why can't you?" Shu asked
Because I'm going to die soon.
"Hey remember how a couple months ago you guys brought home some boxes?" I asked, suddenly remembering this memory.
"Nothing." Shu answered blatantly
"Well-"

He then grabbed my waist and pulled me in tighter, till my whole face was buried into his chest.
"I'm afraid that you're going to die." Shu said
My eyes widened from shock when I felt something wet hit my cheek. I looked up and Shu was crying. There were silent tears rolling down his eyes.
"You mean a lot to me, and I can't lose you." Shu said, "So stay with me forever."
"I want to, I really do. A-And I will." I lied
I'm sorry Shu, that I won't be here forever.

Our sad moment was interrupted when a knock came at the door. I sat up and said, "Come in."
It was the butler he came in with a soup. He placed the tray down on a foldable tabled on my lap. It was miso soup. It was about to thank him when he disappeared.
"Your butler are very standoffish." I said and shrugged
Shu chuckled and continue to clutch my waist while I drank the soup. I want to have this last forever. I do Shu.

After a couple days I was back to normal. No fever, no more passing out, no more headaches, atleast that's what I told them, so they would stop be being like those worried boyfriends in Shogo Manga. There is no fever and I haven't passed out again, but the headaches are still there and they feel worse. It happens at random times and it's a ear splitting pain. Luckily none of then have caught onto it, and I tend to keep it that way.
"Hey...Cecilia?" Azusa called, "Can...you....play the piano...for me again?"
"Of course Azula what song do you want?"
"I...don't know...."
"Okay...do you want a slow or more upbeat one?"
"I...dont know..."
"Uh...okay?" I questioned, "How about a lul-"
I groaned and clutched my head from the pain I suddenly felt. Holy fuck I've never felt pain like this. I dropped the books that were in my hand and fell to my knees. All I could do was close my eyes and home the pain would go away.
"Ruki!" Azusa yelled for
I felt Azusa pick me up and start running. I'm so glad he didn't teleport cause that would've messed up my head more. At this point I was practically screaming in pain. Please go away, go away, go away. Fuck this feels so bad. I tried healing it with my water powers, but it didn't work.
"Cecilia!" Ruki called
I peeked open my eyes and it looked like he was saying something but I couldn't hear him. All I could focus on was this headache. I felt a bottle go to my lips and i tried to drink from it but it hurt so much. I let out a ear piercing scream from how bad the pain is. I could ringing and buzzing from my ears and my head was even worse.

Then my arms were pulled away from my head pinned to the bed and so were my legs. I was about to open my eyes to see what was happening when they were covered by a hand and soft lips were pressed onto mine. Liquid was pouring into my mouth. After those lips pulled back I breathed in a bunch of air.  And realized that the headache went down a bit and I could hear properly now.
"This should calm you down for now." Ruki said and removed his hand from my eyes.
I opened them slowly, trying to adjust them from the new light in seeing.
"W-what happened?" I asked, "That was the worst pain I've ever felt."
"I was hoping you and Azusa could explain." Ruki said
"She was fine...for a minute....but then it felt like something hit her...." Azusa said caressing the temple of my forehead
Ruki leaned loser to my face and felt the spot Azusa caressed
"There's a bump." Ruki said, "Was anyone there?"
"No, there... was no one.. in sight." Azusa said, "I could... smell a scent...of rotting flesh...and roses..."
Nivue...what is she trying to do to me?
"I thinks it's best for you to be supervised." Ruki said, "And sadly the more people we have the better."
"Don't tell me..." Yuma groaned
"I already called the Sakamaki Manor, we will be staying there with Cecilia so that she can get better."