Chapter 9

I can't sleep because of the noise outside. The rain is falling more heavily than normal. I got up and was about to grab my blanket to head downstairs but then I saw something in the corner of my eye. I turned around quickly and realized that it was Eleanor.
"What-"
"No time to talk. Follow Yui now." Eleanor ordered
Without question I nodded and grabbed my blanket and headed towards Yui's room to see her awake on the floor with her windows open.
"Yui?" I called
Instead of answering me she got up and walked outside her room to god knows where. I tried shaking her and even slapped her but she wouldn't stop walking, so I just followed her. She led me down to some type of sewer I think.
"Yui, please wake up." I pleaded, shaking her again but instead of waking her I was pulled into a vision.

"Cecilia!"
I opened my eyes and saw Yui above and it was daytime? I sat up and looked around to see that we were in front of the mansion.
"What happened?" I asked
"I have no idea. I was just sleeping and now I'm here." Yui explained
Instead of telling her that she was sleep walking I decided against it and took in my surroundings.
I then heard a voice, no, actually two voices.
"Over here!"
We saw three children running past. Two had red hair and the other had purple hair and a teddy bear.
"That's Ayato, Kanato, and Laito." I pointed out following after them with Yui behind me
"The bats I just caught got away." Kanato cried
"Don't cry, Kanato, we can catch them again." Laito comforted
"Yeah, stop your sniveling. I'll catch 'em for you!" Ayato demanded
Yep that's alright.
When Ayato was running off someone called him. It was a woman with purple hair and black dress.
"Ayato!" She called, "is this where you've been? Now come along with me."
"She's the one I saw in the garden." Yui muttered
So she's the woman Yui was talking about.
"Kanato, let's go." Laito said
"Sure!" Kanato replied and then ran away together leaving Ayato.
"Your going back inside to study." The women said
"N...No way!" Ayato yelled, "All I've done is study!"
"I don't want any excuses. Return to your room." The woman commanded
"How come Kanato and Laito get to play while all I ever get to do is study?" Ayato asked
"Because you're not like other children." The woman answered
"No! I wanna play more!" Ayato denied
"How many times must I tell you?!" The woman yelled, "You are the successor. Do you understand what that means?!Now tell me what must you do?"
Ayato looked down and said, "I must become number one. I must become better than anyone."
"And if you fail?" The woman asked
"I am not my mother's child, so I will be sunk to the bottom of the lake?" Ayato replied
"Exactly, good boy! You are worthless to me unless you are number one. Worthless boys must spend eternity at the cold, damp bottom of the lake, all alone, where no one can help them." The woman said, "Unless that's what you want, go to your room."
Ayato ran off with tears in his eyes.
I can't help but pity the boy. He was treated to be better than anyone else since a child that's why he always calls himself Yours Truly and is possessive. To be honest he could have turned out worst if his mother wasn't dead.
Kanato ran over to the women and asked, "Mother?"
"Kanato, my little song bird. Sing. Sing that song for me." The woman demanded
"Yes, Mother." Kanato replied
"Is this pretty lady their mother?" Yui asked
"Yes she is." I replied
Suddenly we heard some birds lead us towards something. It was under a gazebo. Yui and I walked towards it and saw two people.
"Is that Reiji?" Yui asked
I nodded and studies the woman realizing she was the one I saw before in the laboratory. But where was Shu?
I turned my head when I heard a song barking and laughing
"Shu, what are you doing there?" The lady asked
"Look, a friend gave him to me!" Shu cheered, holding the small puppy out to his mother.
"Release that thing at once." The lady demanded
Shu just laughed and said, "Hey, that tickles!" When it licked his face
"Shu! You are the eldest son. And therefore, the next head of the family." The lady said, "You must learn how to conduct yourself at all times."
With that the butler tried to take the black and brown puppy.
"What are you doing?!" Shu asked trying to protect the puppy in his arms, "No! I promised Edgar I'd take care of him!"
With one look from his mother Shu infedently let go if the puppy in defeat and ran away leaving Reiji alone again.
"Mother, I have finished memorizing this entire book." Reiji informed
All she did was ignore him and went back to knitting
I see now why he hates Shu. It all makes sense
I heard Yui wince behind me and turned around.
"Are you okay?" I asked
"Yes...I just cut myself with a thorn that's all." Yui said
"Be careful." I said and turned back around be realized that this was a different scenery
We must have teleported or something.
Me and Yui saw Subaru up ahead and went towards him. We looked up at what he was staring at and it was a woman in a tower. I didn't focus too much on it when I saw what he was holding. It was the knife he gave me. And then the scenery changed.