Chapter 48

Having the Sakamakis and Mukami's is always hectic and weird, but today they are all being extra weird. I can only guess that they have something planned seeing as my birthday is in 5 days, but I wouldn't expect them to be deliberately locking me outside on the roof every time I have lunch. It's been going on for 2 days and it's getting pretty tiring.

I sighed in annoyance and melted the chains off the door and headed downstairs. I have to talk to them. I stopped in front of the Math room and knocked on the door.
"Come in."
I took a deep breath and went inside to be greeted by Mr. Adonis and Mrs. Evelyn. I knew they would be together right now.
"Cecilia! What seems to be the matter?" Mr. Adonis asked
I shut the door behind me and walked towards the both of them and said blankly, "I want you both to help me kill Misaki and Nivue."

In an instant their faces went from happy to emotionless. The mood turned suspenseful and tense.
"I need the Adam and Eve curse." I said, "And you two are the only ones who can start it."
"My my, I was hoping we could play the teacher act for a little longer." Ms. Evelyn sighed
"You have to admit it was getting quite boring." Mr. Adonis said and leaned back into his chair with his hands crossed behind him, "Look kid, we want no business in helping you."
"Then why are you here?" I asked
"What? We can't have a normal life?" Mr. Adonis shot
"No! Not when you could be killing Karlheinz." I shot back
"We simply do not care about Karlheinz anymore. We just want to live our lives in peace." Evelyn said, "And get a little drama."
"What if I can promise you get the heart you both dream day and night ab-"

Before I could finish my sentence I was pinned to the wall by Ms. Evelyn. I quickly pushed her back by the air and pinned her to the opposite side of the wall.
"Let her go!" Mr. Adonis ordered
"Once you promise not to attack me again." I snarled
"Fine!" Mr. Adonis said, "Now put her down."
I pulled back and said, "You can get the heart of Eleanor if you kill Karlheinz and activate the Adam and Eve curse."
They both turned to each other and I could see the disdain and disgust in their eyes. But behind that was greed. Greed for an elemental heart. Especially one like Eleanors.
"If we die-"
"You won't die, I have a plan." I interrupted, "Eleanor and I constructed it."
"Go on." Mr. Adonis grumbled
After explaining the plan they were both in deep thought. It's a risky plan, yes, but it's the only one we have.
"And you will give us Eleanors heart after?" Ms. Evelyn asked
"Yes." I nodded
"How are you going to get it?" Mr. Adonis asked

It wasn't because you stored the magic in the book Eleanor. It's because Karlheinz is keeping something of yours.
"When I was at the church they were saying something pretty weird when I was about to leave. They kept saying, "Let's hope she doesn't find the king he has her heart." It was written over the walls too."
"Karlheinz has her heart." I answered
"How do you know that?" Mr. Adonis asked
"You'll see for yourself if you decide to help me." I answered snarkingly, "Or you can just decline. I'll give you a day to think about it."
I was about to walk out the door but my arm was grabbed by Mr. Adonis.
"No need to give us a day. We'll do it." He said
I knew it. They wouldn't turn down the opportunity. I smirked and said, "Marvellous."

I headed to my last class which was culinary arts. I had it with Kanato and laito. None of the Mukami's took culinary.
"Where were you guys?" I asked
"Nothing to worry your pretty little head about Bunny." Laito smirked
I shook my head and sat out our stations patiently waiting for the class to start.
"OK class Since this year is coming to the end, we will be baking more challenging stuff to take what you learned and apply it." Mr. Park stated, "You will stay in your stations and look through the cookbook to find the recipe for a Victoria sponge. This is a classic English dessert, that has the perfect amount of sponge and filling."
After he went over the directions, Me, Laito, and Kanato went to bake.
"Laito, you make the jelly. Kanato and I will make the two sponges." I ordered
"But I wanted to make the sponges." Laito pouted
"No!" Kanato shouted and threw the mixing bowl in Laito's face
"Mr. Sakamaki please refrain from throwing a bowl at the other Mr. Sakamaki. But great work on not throwing the stand mixer." Mr. Park said blankly

I sweatdropped and chuckled nervously at his words and went back to making the sponge cake while Laito sadly started to make the jelly. Kanato and I put the two cakes in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.
"First cake has been put into the oven." Mr. Park announced
I looked over at Laito again and he was still pouting.
"Are you that sad?" I asked
"I wanted to make a sponge cake." Laito childishly mumbled
I laughed at childish behavior and said, "We can bake something at home, just us."
"Can we do something el-"
Laito was pulled out of his sentence when a bowl went striking his face.
"Kanato!" I shrieked
Mr. Park scolded and complimented Kanato again and left him without any repercussions.
"You can't do that Kanato!" I scolded
"You're mine." Kanato declared and wrapped his arms around my waist.
I blushed heavily and squirmed to get out of his arms.
"You know just because you're the only one that marked her only doesn't mean you can get cocky." Laito snarled
I stopped struggling and asked, "What do you mean?"
"That permanent bite mark on your collarbone is Kanatos mark." Laito informed, "It's what us vampires use to mark our lovers."
I blushed feverishly and quickly asked if I could use the bathroom. I rushed out of the classroom to the girls bathroom. I splashed some water onto my face. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my forehead. I was seeing black spots for a second. I turned around slowly while clutching into the sink.

Sharp chill ran through me when I saw those familiar eyes. Nivue.
"Awww I thought I crushed your skull. Looks I'll have to try again." Nivue teased evilly
I quickly grabbed her by the throat and unleashed as much fire power as I could. I relished in her screams and when she finally stopped I let go. I smiled and looked down, but it wasn't Nivue.
"Oh my God. Oh no..." I started to sob uncontrollably and threw up into the trash can. I crawled away from the body in horror with vomit on my mouth. I just killed someone. Oh my God, oh my God, Oh my God. What should I do?! I just killed an innocent person. They had a life to live and I just took it away.
"I'm sorry I'm so sorry." I cried and tried to heal the body with water but it wouldn't work, "Please! Please! Please! I'm so sorry!"
I closed my eyes and buried my head into my knees with continuous apologies flowing out my mouth.
"I'm so sorry!" I cried
"Cecilia!"
I opened my eyes and looked up to see Subaru?
"H-How are you here?!" I exclaimed and sat up. I looked around me to see that I was in my room. I had my purple negligee on and it was morning.
"You were yelling in your sleep." Subaru said, "Are you okay?"
She got in my mind again. All of this was a dream.
"Y-Yeah I'm fine. Just a bad dream." I said

Subaru handed me a glass of water which I gratefully gulped down.
"I'm sorry for waking you." I said
"Don't worry about it. I wasn't sleeping anyways." Subaru replied and laid me back down on the bed. As he was leaving I hesitantly reached for his sleeve.
"C-Can you lay down with me?" I asked shyly
I expected him to lash out or yell but instead he climbed into bed and wrapped his arms around me.
"Sleep." He ordered
In his arms I nodded off gracefully and content.