Chapter 3

Lee know's pov

I reached the adoption center. Loosening all my stress was this only place where small kiddos come daily. I went inside the center to see a man with a big tummy standing there and shouting at the manager. I avoided him and walked away to where the other co workers were standing.

End of pov

"Hey seonghwa..what happened??" Lee know asked seonghwa in a low voice not to disturb anyone.

"A lot." Seonghwa replied in a whisper.

"What do you mean by a lot??" Lee know tilted his head to look at seonghwa who currently sweating.

"Minho they are asking us to shift the centre to somewhere else." With that on sentence Minho was shocked.

"But why would they do that?" Lee know asked desperately hoping to get a invalid reason so that he could oppose the people.

"This center is near to the factory area and the city. They are saying it will bad to keep the center here due to the increasing pollution and it would be much difficult because of the traffic." These words which were heard by Lee know was unchangeable. They were indeed true. So Lee know just kept his mouth shut and made a note to himself that he should speak to the manager once the people were gone.

After thirty minutes

The people who came there left. The manager said on the chair with a heavy heart. Lee know took the chance to approach the manager and ask about the the people who came there. With a tiny bit of hope Lee know pulled himself in front of the manager.

"Mr......" Before lee know could even say the rest the manager spoke up.

"Lee know what you heard from seonghwa is all the truth. No opposing would work. It's for the benefit of the children. We will shift them to the main center within the next few weeks."

"But what about him???". Lee know asked while he slightly started to worry. It isn't like he didn't worry about it before when he heard it from seonghwa. He was worried yet he kept his worries inside and hoped it wouldn't be true. He didn't want to face the harsh reality.

"Minho. Please go speak to him. He should be able to understand when you say." The manager said the words to Minho but still Minho was the one who had his heart beating as loud as a drum.

Minho's pov

My heart was burning. It was beating like a drum yet burning. I nodded to the manager and left to see the boy. With each step my heart was beating faster. I controlled my tears and put on a fake smile. I reached out to the door and pulled it open where all the children were playing. Most of them greeted me. Yet my eyes were searching for a specific boy.

After two minutes of my eyes roaming around I found him sitting near the window and looking outside with his lovely doe eyes. 'He cried.' I knew it.

Gathering all my courage I walked towards him.

"Jeongin......" He didn't turn his head, he continued looking outside. I settled in front of him. Without a further word he hugged me tightly as he hid his head into chest. My heart felt like burning more. I hugged him back. His small figure was still hugging me tightly. Then I realised one thing when my shirt started getting wet. I used one of my hands to calm the poor boy down. I was still holding my tears in without letting them out.

After twenty minutes he calmed down and pulled himself away from me and continued looking outside. My heart hurted more seeing the poor soul like this.

"Innie....do you...." I started with a hope.

"No." He replied with more tears rushing down his cheeks.

"But innie please listen to me." I tried explaining it to him. He looked at me with his glossy eyes and stood and walked away without an other word. I sat there speechless. I couldn't say anything. That day went through a dull presence.

It was already night. My shift was over. I took my bag and looked at innie sleeping on his mattress peacefully. I felt the presence of a person near me. I knew who it was.

"Don't worry.. tomorrow try again." I turned to see seonghwa looking at me while sadly smiling. I smiled back yet sadly. I waved him goodbye.

I walked back home with a raging mind and a burning heart yet I chose to stay strong. I opened the door of the house to see Chan standing near the kitchen counter as he looked into his phone and tried to cook something.

"Oh Min you are home? I am trying to cook this new dish...." Before he could finish I replied him with a 'mmh' and went to my room to take a bath.

Chan didn't question further and I made my way to the bathroom. After a quick wash I walked out of my room to see Chan standing in front of me with his hands out. I looked at him while he just smiled. I couldn't do it anymore. I ran into his arms while his arms gripped and held me there.

Just one more word that's all what it took.

"Don't act strong when you can't do it , Minnie". Chan said and yes that's all it took for me to pour out my emotions and cry out loud. Yet he didn't leave me. He let me cry while he carried me to the couch and placed me on his lap. I continued crying as the memories kept coming back one by one. Yet Chan didn't leave me.
That night was the most saddest one for me.