Something unfortunate

It was finally Sunday, and what was I doing? I was sprawled out on the sofa reading through a textbook for Potions so I could finish my essay. My hair was down and I was in a pair of shorts and one of Remus' many many jumpers. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs from the boys dorms and immediately looked up, spotting my favourite boys.

"Rem!" He looked from Sirius, who he had be speaking to, and over to me. "Can you help me with this essay, please?" Sirius and Peter stared at me, surprised by what II was wearing, and the fact that I had just sat up and leaned on the arm of the sofa, planting my hands on the cushion as soon as I had heard my boyfriend's voice.

"Crooks, are you okay?" I nodded, looking back to Remus.

"Please, Remmy?" He looked to Sirius.

"Raincheck?" The black haired teenager nodded as my boyfriend dropped onto the sofa beside me, swiftly moving me into his lap, between his legs as he read over my essay, his chin on my shoulder. "Love," II turned my attention to my boyfriend, smiling up at him innocently. "Amortentia has spiralling steam." I stared at him.

"We haven't learnt that, so you can't blame me-"

"We have learnt that, which his why I know it." I glared at him.

"Asshole." I muttered, leaning forwards and editing my work.

"Shut up." Remus muttered back, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face into my neck, gently pressing his lips to the skin.

"Anything else wrong with my wonderful essay?" Remus shook his head. "What's wrong?" I asked, recognising the familiar nearing-full-moon behaviour. He nodded with a sigh.

"Just the usual stuff..." A sad smile crossed my lips.

"Rem...what's it this time...?" He shrugged.

"Miss mum." My heart stopped for a moment. A few years ago, Remus' mother had unfortunately passed away, her body giving in to the illness which she held. I chucked my quill down and closed the lid on my ink pot before standing up, pulling Remus up by his hands too. "What are you doing?" I forced a smile.

"I don't care how far we are, we're going." He stared at me. "We can't go tomorrow, so we'll go today."

"(N/n), it's a bit too far, we won't be back before the moon rises-" I pouted with a groan, rolling my eyes.

"Always worrying." Rem nodded, dropping back onto the sofa and pulling me into his lap.

_____________________

Everything had ben so quiet, and that's when I had noticed it. The Marauder's weren't in the tower, minus Remus, who was asleep on the sofa with me. I shot up, causing Rem to stir in his sleep a little, rolling onto his side instead of his back. I glanced over to the window and noticed it was already dark outside.

"Shit..." I glanced back down to my boyfriend, who was sleeping soundly. "Silence." I quickly muttered a charm, which prevented any other students from coming into the common room from the dormitories, sealing the doors to the stairs. My heart was racing in my chest. I whipped back around, standing up hesitantly when Remus sat up, slowly. "I'm so sorry..." Tears welled in my eyes a little. "Please don't be mad..." He tilted his head curiously.

"I-It's dark already?" I nodded, hesitantly.

"I-I don't know where the others are-"

"You're kidding me-"

"Remus, seriously. I don't know where they are-"

"(N/n), you need to find them-" I nodded and hurried over to the portrait, however, due to curfew, it wouldn't open.

"Rem..."

"Yeah?" I heard him strain out, a groan mixing with his words.

"I can't get out..." His head whipped to stare at me in surprise and horror, his skin growing paler. "Remus..." I could hear and see his fingers and nails dig into the sofa.

"Just sit in a corner or something!" My boyfriend snapped and I sighed, sinking to the floor in front of the portrait hole, pulling my knees to my chest. In all the years I had known Remus, all the years I had heard him ago through this, I had never witnessed it, and based on what I was seeing now, I never wanted to see it again, it was painful, and mortifying.

Throughout the night, it had only taken about 30 minutes for the screaming to be over, and only another 30 for him to actually find me in the little stone corridor to the common room door. My heart had dropped to my stomach and my back was flush against the back of the portrait. My pulse was a thousand miles minute and tears were welling in my eyes. It wasn't long until I heard a familiar set of voices, albeit muffled, outside in the hallway.

"Where do you reckon he is then? We've searched the whole castle, Prongs." Sirius. It was Sirius' voice.

"Sirius..." I muttered. "Sirius!" The boys outside the portrait fell silent.

"(Y/n)? Shouldn't you be in bed?" I whimpered when Remus managed to slip into the portrait corridor.

"Sirius, open the door!"

"Have you seen Moony-"

"Sirius!" I screamed as Remus moved onto all fours, growling a little. "Just do it!"

"Mate, are you alright-" Everything went silent.

"We left her with Remus." James voice suddenly realised and I screamed as Remus howled. "Abstinence!" James quickly shouted, prying the portrait open when it opened too slowly. I slipped backward but, Peter was quick to pull me to my feet, turning me and urging me to run.

"Go, go!" I began sprinting, and guess what? Remus began chasing. I skid around one of the corridor corners, and down the stairs until I was able to reach the Professor's quarters.

"Minnie!!" I screamed, the remaining Marauder's chasing after Remus, although not as animagi since they knew they would get into trouble. "Minerva!" I continued to shout. James, Sirius, and Peter did the same.

"Peter go get her, we'll follow them." Peter nodded and split off, hurrying down another corridor.

I was whimpering with my chest heaving when I took a stupid turn into a corridor with a dead end. A squeak of fear left my throat when Remus got uncomfortably close, however Peter had returned to the group with Professor McGonagall.

"Immobulus!" She called out, and I watched my werewolf boyfriend freeze up. "Potter, tend to Miss Spencer. Black, Pettigrew, keep an eye on Mister Lupin, the sun will be rising in a few minutes." James hesitantly slipped passed Remus and over to me as I slid down the wall to my knees. My breathing was shaking as James crouched beside me, slipping an arm under mine and around my back, taking one of my hands in his and carefully pulling me to my feet..just as the sun rose. I looked down for a brief second, then up, and what I saw was Remus on his knees, staring at me, mortified.

"N-no, I-I didn't..." I simply offered him a forced, soft smile as James kept me up.

"We couldn't find you mate, I'm sorry." James pursed his lips. "We thought you'd meet us at the back of the castle like always..." Sirius sighed.