Hospital wing

I found myself laying in one of the hospital wing beds, rolling onto my side and finding James in the seat beside my bed, his arms folded on the bed, with his head resting on them, fast asleep. There were curtains surrounding my bed, compared to when Remus usually ended up in here, and there wasn't.

"James..." I placed my hand on his arm and gently shook it until he stirred in his sleep. "Jamie..." I whispered his name once more, causing him to lift his head and look at me.

"You're awake, hey." He sat up, scooting his chair closer as I sat up. "How's your eye?" I tilted my head. I tilted my head, going to say something, before becoming confused.

"My eye?" And that's when I noticed there was a bandage over it. "Do you have a mirror...?" My best friend looked around before finding one in the drawer of the bedside table and setting it on my lap. I struggled to take the bandage off, leading to James growing and standing up, gently untying the wrap and loosening it around my eye. I stared down at the mirror in my lap, only able to see James removing the fabric from just above my eyebrow. There was three large pale lines. "Before I look...how bad is it?" James just shrugged solemnly before setting the bandage onto the bedside table, sitting himself back in the chair. He clasped his hands together, leaning on my bed again as I hesitantly rose the mirror, my body relaxing into a slouch as I saw what had happened last night. I had a three large, pale scars leading from above my left eyebrow, across the bridge of my nose, my left eye and my lips until it had reached my jawline.

"Your leg's not too good either, mate..." James broke the news to me, however I was more distracted by the fact that I couldn't see very much right now, although noticing my left eye was a pale grey instead of its usual vibrant (e/c).

"Why's it grey...?" I asked quietly, James holding his breath at the question.

"Madam Pomfrey said that it's because it's most likely blind at this point..." I turned to James, a sad smile crossing my lips.

"You guys are assholes, I hope you know that..." He nodded, looking down to his hands.

"I did try...Pads and Wormtail were blocking the door..."

"So...my leg..." James nodded, gently prying the covers back to reveal the bloodstained bandages.

"Madam Pomfrey did her best and healed them..." I nodded, bending my knee and pulling it into my chest before hesitantly releasing my calf from the bandages. I huffed when I recognised the bite mark.

"Did she say anything about it...?" James was silent, looking from my leg to me, and then to the covers again.

"...you'll match Remus..." The last time she had said that to me, it had been in reference to the scars.

"What do you mean...?" My voice was quiet, and became a little scared as to what words he was going to use next.

"I know you're scared of them...massively...but she said that, um..." I could see in his eyes, he was trying to word this as delicately as possible. "Ah fuck, um...You're, uh...fuck how do I words this...?" He ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "You're like Moony...actually like Moony..." I tilted my head, knowing he didn't want to tell me I was now part of the Lycanthropy group. I smiled softly, choosing to change the subject.

"Isn't there a quidditch match on today?"

"Yeah, now." James' face was buried in my covers, clearly he didn't care for the match today.

"Madam Pomfrey! Have you seen James? He wasn't in the dorms this morning!" Lily's voice broke into the silence that had briefly overcome the two of us.

"Last bed on the left, dear, with the curtains." We could hear fast footsteps, quite a few actually. I rolled my eyes and looked down to James, patting his head and running my fingers through his hair before ruffling it, causing him to look up, for once he wasn't wearing his glasses. Cute.

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry. Anyway, you've got a game to get to." I swung my legs off the bed beside himself ne he immediately stood up, quickly catching my arms to hold me up when my balance faltered. The curtain was drawn back by a familiar red head, her face of worry turned into one of huge concern.

"Oh my god, (Y/n)-"

"I get it, I'm in a skirt, no need to freak out." I laughed, sharing a smile with James. At least we could laugh about it. Behind Lily I could see Sirius, Peter, and Remus.

"Fucking hell..." the words fell from Sirius' lips without a second though as his expression dropped. "Is that from last night?" I stared at him in 'confusion' before smiling again, using one of my hands to adjust the positioning of my skirt.

"I have no idea what you're talking about..." My smile turned into a smirk, glaring at the boy. "Padfoot." I looked to James, my smile returning as I took a couple of steps, realising he had hesitantly let go, grabbing his glasses and following after me with the others.

"What's on her leg?" I glanced back to James, a sad but pleading smile on my lips, begging him not to tell them.

"Just scars I guess we've never seen." My smile softened and I offered him a nod, which he reluctantly returned. Remus hooked an arm around my waist, gripping it to the point I though he was going to dig his nails into my skin.

"I know that mark, (Y/n), I have the exact same one." My expression fell and I glanced up to him as he stared forward.

"I'll tell you la-"

"You don't need to..." he glanced to me out of the corner of his eyes. "Cause I know it wasn't me." I nodded, wondering where he was going with this. "I also remember you screaming at the top of your lungs." I stared at the floor as we walked.

"Remus-"

"I'll talk to them later." I slowly nodded.