Screams and Bad dreams

"You cannot say stuff like that, Sirius!" I heard Remus shout from the common room. "What the fuck possessed you to say that?!" His voice grew louder. "To your bloody best friend!!"

"Cause I like her! And you know this!"

"Well tough shit, mate! Why do you think she left during breakfast?"

"To finish an essa-"

"Because you made her uncomfortable." There was a moment of silence. "That's why she was wearing trousers instead of the skirt she was wearing at breakfast!" I heard Remus scoff. "Two of her best mates, for the past seven years, called her 'fair game' because I haven't fucked her." I could hear the anger in Remus' voice. "Her own fucking boyfriend!" I heard some footsteps come down the stairs behind me and found Lily wandering down.

"They still going?" I nodded, pulling my legs into my chest as I listened to the yelling, Lily taking a seat on the step beside me and resting her head on my shoulder as I moved to rest mine on her head.

"Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds?!"

"Why can't you take a joke like Prongs-"

"Because you sexualised my girlfriend when you know it makes her uncomfortable!" Remus didn't even shout at this pint, it was more of a yell, pure frustration. "After a certain point, it's not a joke anymore, Sirius!" Remus sighed with a groan. "James wasn't laughing, he was actually trying to stay out of it! I wasn't laughing! (Y/n) sure as hell wasn't!" There was a millisecond of silence from Remus yelling at the top of his lungs, to his voice getting dangerously low and calm. "And you know what, if II see you or Peter look at her in any way other than like she's your friend, II will gladly tear you apart limb from limb and make you watch." Lily's eyes widened while I rest my chin on my arms, smiling softly before standing up and quietly heading down the stairs. Remus' eyes immediately went to me and his expression softened into a sweet smile. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I returned the smile as he pecked my lips, although I didn't fail to notice the quiet and mildly scared Sirius black at one of the study tables.

"I'm great." My smile fell into something more wicked. "And if you ever tear someone apart for them to watch, just remember the head remains conscious for a few seconds after decapitation."

"(Y/n)-" I looked over to Sirius with a smile, although somewhat twisted as Remus stood with his hand on my waist, his other hand in his pocket. "I'm sorry for what happened at breakfast, it was really out of line. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable-"

"It's fine Siri...besides, I've already heard Remus scream at you." I glanced up to my boyfriend, who just smiled as I pecked his lips.

"So we're good?" Sirius asked as I looked back over to him, and I nodded.

"Course we are, you're my best friend." I smiled, although I could still feel the dark aura emanating from Remus.

"Look, Moony, I'm sorry about what I said about taking a joke-"

"It's fine." His voice was weirdly calm. "Just don't do it again." Sirius nodded as James finally came down the stairs, hesitantly, as Lily did the same from our stairs.

"You guys done with your screaming match?" The two Marauders who had already been present, nodded.

"Yes, Prongs, (Y/n)...actually stopped it..." Sirius sighed, causing James to chuckle awkwardly.

"So I heard..." Potter glanced over to me as I shrugged, dropping myself onto the sofa.
________________
In the middle of the night, a shrill scream awoke my roommates and I.
I could feel my body shaking, specifically my hands and legs, my breathing was following a similar pattern. All three of my roommates switched on their lights, staring at me with wide eyes.

"(Y/n)-" Marlene's words came to a halt as I pressed my back to my part of the wall which my bed was pressed against.

"Shit!" We all heard shouted from the common room.

"Are you okay?" Marlene quickly but hesitantly came over to me, gently setting a hand on my shoulder and taking ahold of the underside of my forearm. As I looked down I realised as to why she was being so careful, so gentle...there was blood everywhere... "(Y/n)..." Her eyes trailed from my arms to my terrified eyes. "Are you okay?" A soft smile crossed my lips as I nodded. She carefully pulled me to the end of my bed and stood me up.

"Oi Lily!" Peter's voice called up the stairs, not really caring if he woke anyone. "Who the fuck's screaming?!" Lily hurried over to the door and peeled it open as Marlene steadied me, leading me to the door and down the corridor.

"Will you stop shouting, Peter?" She hissed as she hurried down the stairs to get ahead of us. Alice was no longer rooming with us since she was a year ahead of us, meaning she had already left Hogwarts.

"Seriously, who screamed...?" Sirius piped up, still sat at one of the tables, where his homework and stationery was sat in front of him. His hair was tied up, but tousled, I noticed as Marlene edged me down the stairs. I was watching my step, although I had one hand on the wall as she had one on my arm, keeping me up and one on my back to make sure I didn't fall. "(Y/n)..."

"I'm fine..." My voice shook as I looked up from the stone flooring to meet my best friend's worried sets of eyes. Remus' eyes widened and he rushed over to me, gently taking my chin in his fingers and turning my head from one side to the other.

"(N/n)..." His voice was now shaking. "I need you to tell me why you screamed like that..." I stared at him, hesitant. "Please." I sucker in a deep breath, letting our eye contact falter.

"Just a bad dream..."

"...about...?" I finally looked down to my scraped and bloodied arms.

"...Werewolves."