Names

I bit my lip as I stared out of the common room window. See, there was this small alcove where the stairs split from, and on the wall, was a window large enough to house a person, so a couple of people tended to use it for reading, those in Gryffindor who did read anyway....and they'd stare out of the window too.

I was one of those people.

"James! Fleamont! Potter!" I looked over to the boy in question as Lily screamed down the stairs.

"Your middle name is 'Fleamont'?" James just shook his head with a sigh as I laughed, standing up as I closed my book, wandering over to the sofa. "I knew Remus' was 'John', didn't know yours was 'Fleamont'." I tossed the book onto the side table before dropping into the corner beside him.

"Sirius' is 'Orion'-" I whipped my head over to the dark haired boy.

"No way." He nodded. "Your family are named after constellations??" It became fascinating to me. Sirius just shrugged. I dropped to sit in the floor, excited as I sat in front of him. He was also on the floor. "Do you have anyone in your family called Andromeda?" He slowly nodded.

"My cousin..." I thought for a moment, thinking of constellation names which would suit people.

"Regulus...Arcturus, right?" Sirius nodded. "That's such a cool name. And you're Sirius Orion, right?" He nodded again, looking to James, who seemed confused about my excitement. "Wow...your names are so cool." I smiled softly. "If I ever have a kid, I think I'll name it after a star...they always sound so nice, so fancy..." James and Sirius shared a look before shaking their heads, Lily finally finding her way down here.

"Oh, (Y/n), there you are." I turned to look at her, nodding. "Remus is looking for you." I stared at her, glaring sceptically. "And James! Why didn't you tell me?!" She hissed, whispering harshly to him.

"Tell you what?"

"Remus and (Y/n)?" James became more confused.

"What?"

"About Remus and (Y/n)."

"Seriously Lil, what are you on about?" Lily fell silent, looking over to me as I stared at her, still sceptical.

"Never mind." I slowly nodded as she smiled, Remus and Peter walking into the common room chattering away.

"There you are." I looked up at my boyfriend as he stood behind me, staring down at me with a smile. I leaned back so my back was resting on his legs. "Dad was wondering if you're coming over for half-term." I nodded with a smile. 

"Sure, I haven't seen your dad in ages!" I emphasised with a bright smile. Remus chuckled, briefly ruffling my hair before dropping onto the sofa. I shuffled to sit with my back against the sofa between Remus' legs. I looked to James, silently wanting to suggest a name for him to call his future child that he so desperately wanted. His eyes met mine, somehow knowing what I was thinking about. 

"Go on, Crook." I smiled as he sighed.

"Harry." The group stared at me, confused as to what I was talking about, although the name seemed to appeal to James. 

"Hm, perhaps...Perhaps..." I smiled, proud of my name suggestion, which now sat in the bank of names he had in his head. He stared at me, and I continued to stare at him. "Edward." I thought for a moment before slowly nodding. We decided to move onto girls names next. 

"Olivia." I suggested. James slowly nodded, smirking, clearly the name appealed to him. Now it was his turn. 

"Jericho." I stared at him, that was quite a name. I pulled a face. 

"Selene." I replaced his option, and he nodded with a smile, letting me take my turn for his future daughter's name. "Harriet-"

"Why are you two saying random names?" Peter asked, dropping into the arm chair. 

"We're naming each other's future kids." James chuckled and I nodded with a smile. 

"Imagine naming a kid Edward, I could call him Teddy!" I began to grow more excited, Remus staring down at me nervously. 

"I like Harry." Lily looked to James, who nodded in agreement. I rose my arms in success. 

"Successfully named Jily's future son!" I held my hand out to Sirius and he high-fived me.  I looked up to Remus, who was staring down at me. 

"Teddy sounds...good." I stared at him, tilting my head a little. 

"What would you name him then?" he shrugged. 

"I don't know, but a girl would be Hope." I smiled softly, realising he wanted to name our future daughter after his late mother. I nodded with a smile. 

"Yeah, I agree." We looked back to our friends. 

"Why Hope?" Lily asked, causing us all to look at her. I decided to speak. 

"It was Remus' mother's name."

"Was?" I nodded looking up to my boyfriend. 

"She passed away two years ago."

"Right." James was the next to speak. "Let's make a deal." H looked to me. "You know I want kids." I nodded as he looked to Lily. "And you know I want kids." She nodded too. "So neither of you are allowed to make jokes about it, got it?" We nodded, although I immediately stopped. 

"So no randomly telling you Lily's pregnant?" James nodded and I sighed. "Well that's my plans gone for the next three weeks." The boys chuckled and Lily smiled, James pouting. 

"What about you Remus? Paranoid?" He shook his head at Sirius' question. "Why's that?"

"We haven't fucked in three months." I felt my body tense up and I hesitantly looked over to Lily, who was hiding her worried surprise just as much as I was. She nodded over to our stairs and I nodded in agreement. 

"Three months, damn, that's so long-" I stood up, disrupting Sirius' sentence. "Alright, mate?" I nodded with a smile, heading over to Lily. I quietly followed Lily up our stairs to our dorm, where  she slowly closed the door as to not make too much sound. 

"What are you going to do?"

"Lily, it's been three months, I don't know!"

"Well why didn't you tell him when you found out?!"

"Because we weren't dating!"

"(Y/n)!"

"Lily! I'm eighteen! I don't know what I'm doing! I don't know what to do! So will you stop yelling at me!" She remained silent, understanding what I meant. 

"How far along are you?" She asked, more calmly than before. 

"Like a month and a half?"

"I-" She paused. "What?"

"There was a blip!" I whispered harshly. "We both got sexually frustrated, so we acted it..." I admitted, fiddling with my nails. "He was lying about it being three months..." Lily stared at me. 

"Okay, so you'll be due around...We're in February, which means this happened like mid-December..." I slowly nodded. "June or July...August at the very latest, and May at the earliest." I clenched my jaw, soon switching to biting the inside of my cheek. 

"How do I tell my werewolf boyfriend, that his werewolf girlfriend, is pregnant!? He's going to flip his shit, Lily." A thought suddenly slipped into her mind and she tilted her head curiously. 

"If two werewolves have a kid together, will that kid be a werewolf?" I shook my head. 

"No, it'll just be a highly intelligent wolf if they were werewolves when they fucked. In my case, it should be human." Lily slowly nodded, silently wondering when I had found this out.