Revelations

I sat in my usual seat in the back corner of the Transfiguration classroom, although today I was fairly bored, so I was leaning against the wall, not paying attention as my feet rest on the edge of Lily's seat beside me. I offered her a smile as she appeared confused while I scrunched up a piece of parchment, tossing it at the back of Sirius' head because for once, he was paying attention...or spacing out.

I was doing this for the rest of the class, to all four of my fellow Marauders, although Professor McGonagall had yet to stop me, simply glancing at me curiously every time I did something. She stared at me for a moment before calling out my name when I had smiled mischievously, earning a glare from James.

"Miss Spencer," I looked from my friends and over to her. "Could you come here please?" Lily sighed as I stood up, stuffing my hands into my pockets as I wandered up to the front of the classroom to my professor. I stood in front of her desk as she rose from her seat, something new from when we were called to the front of the class. Something about me seemed to catch her eye, causing her to squint at me, trying to get a closer look. "Might I speak to you outside?" I nodded, my mischievous smile falling as I followed her into the corridor, passing my friends in the process. She led me a little further down the corridor. "When did you dye your hair?" I stared at her, more than confused.

"I haven't, Professor." She became a little more confused, usually if I was joking, I would have called her Minnie.

"Then what's happened to your hair?" I tilted my head in confusion as she lifted a section, showing me the bright blue strands. I became even more confused. "Would the boys prank you?" I took the strand from her hand, staring at it curiously before slowly shaking my head.

"No...I'm like their sister..."

"You're drawn to mischief, correct?" I released my hair, letting it fall back into place before shrugging.

"I wouldn't say 'drawn' but I enjoy causing it with the boys." She nodded with a sigh, looking down to the stone flooring for a moment. She took a deep breath before gently setting a hand on my shoulder, offering me the softest smile.

"I think we'd better get you to Madam Pomfrey."

"There's nothing wrong with me-" I heard footsteps behind me and glanced over my shoulder, although I caught the brief sight of Peter Pettigrew and James Potter. "Can I at least ask why?"

"I fear I may know where you're knack for mischief comes from..."

My legs were crossed over each other as I perched myself on one of the infirmary beds, Madam Pomfrey gently drawing blood form my arm with a needle. I released a deep breath once the needle was out. She handed the needle to McGonagall, who emptied the contents into a small vial while the nurse healed over my mini stab wound. I looked up and over to the doors when they slammed open, revealing a very familiar boy, Remus Lupin.

"Mister Lupin, could you stay here with Miss Spencer while I look over these samples?" Madam Pomfrey's words came to a surprise to Remus, as she hadn't even looked his way. Remus just nodded and wandered over to me, dropping onto the bed beside me.

"Why are you in here? What happened?" I shrugged, literally having no idea.

"Minnie saw my hair then said I should probably come here."

"What's wrong with your hair?" I lifted part of it to reveal the bright blue our teacher had previously shown to me. "What's wrong with your ear?" I furrowed my brow, dropping my head and leaning to my left to where my bed's mirror was, gently pulling my hair to the side and noticing what my boyfriend was on about.

"Madam Pomfrey!" I called out, not worried, or panicked, just curious.

"Yes dear?" I turned to her, pulling my hair back so she could see. "Oh my...Minerva!" Our head of year wandered over. "Look at this." Madam Pomfrey held my hair back, allowing me to drop my hair. "The tips are blue..." I whipped back around to the mirror, tucking my hair behind my ear, recognising a colour matching my hair tinting the tip of my newly pointed ears. "Mister Lupin, would you mind stepping out for a moment?" He shook his head and stood up, sharing a worried glance with myself. Minerva and Poppy took a seat either side of me. "We've looked over your blood, and your hair, and your ears have just confirmed our suspicions." I stared at the nurse.

"My dear, you appear to be what we in the Wizarding world call a 'half-breed'." I stared at Minerva.

"Yeah...but half what...?"

"Well, based on observation, we'd say half pixie-"

"Like Cornish Pixie?" The pair nodded and I sighed with a nod, pulling my hair to cover my ears. "All right." I breathed out, standing up from the bed. "Thank you, Professor, Madam Pomfrey." I offered them a smile, albeit it was forced, before heading back towards my dorm.

"What'd she say?" I whipped around at the sound of my boyfriend's voice, smiling softly as he caught up to me.

"Oh, uh, it's nothing serious, it's actually pretty much nothing-" Remus took my hand and stopped walking, forcing me to stop too.

"(N/n), what'd she say?" I sighed and looked him in the eye.

"She said that I'm more than likely a half-breed." Remus stared at me in surprise. "I'm half Cornish-pixie, apparently...which is why I enjoy causing messes with you guys." I forced a smile before gently prying my hand from his and walking off, all while he just stood there in surprise. It didn't take him long to catch up again, slinging and arm around my shoulders and pressing a gentle kiss to my temple.

"I love you." I was quiet for a moment. Was that the first time he'd actually said it first? I smiled softly before turning my head to look at him, stopping in front of him and pressing a tender kiss to his lips.

"I love you too, Moony."