Hospital wing and Dark marks

I sat in the dark in the hospital wing with Marlene beside me as Madam Pomfrey carefully wrapped my scratches in bandages.

"You'll be matching your boyfriend, Miss Spencer." I watched as her fingers moved elegantly with the white fabric, although she soon moved onto cleaning something on my face.

"What do you mean?" She smiled sadly, nodding to my arms.

"They'll scar, is what I'm trying to say..." A sigh slipped from between my lips as Marlene rubbed my back as a comfort. "You did quite the number on yourself-"

"Myself?" Poppy nodded.

"Sometimes when people have bad dreams, their body reacts quicker, finding a way to urge you to wake up..." I glanced over to Marl, who just shrugged with a sad smile. "You seem to have reacted a little more violently, which really is a shame..." Another sigh.

"How do I get the dreams to stop?"

"You've had them before?" Madam Pomfrey seemed surprised as I hiked up the ends of my knee length shorts, revealing much paler scares, although all somewhat fresh. "How long?" I looked to Marlene and back to the nurse.

"Since Remus chased me through the school..."

"Oh sweetheart..." Pomfrey finished up on the cuts on my face, gently dabbing them with a wet piece of cotton before setting it down. "I'm not really suited for the psychological side of things...however, perhaps talking to Mister Lupin would help ease it all?" I nodded a little. "Miss McKinnon, if you'd be so kind as to return Miss Spencer to her dorm." The red head nodded and pulled me up.

"Thank you." I spoke to both females at once, both nodded with smiles, sharing a glance.

"Do keep and eye on her."

"Don't have to tell me twice."

I returned to the dorms with my friend by my side, and as we walked into the room, I recognised the four boys, and Lily wide awake, sitting in the common room waiting for us. Remus' eyes met mine, his expression faltering when he saw the amount of arm covered by bandages. He was hesitant to approach me as Marlene went over to Lily, who was speaking to James.

"(N/n)...this is my fault...I'm so bloody sorry-" I quickly stood on the tips of my toes and pecked his lips.

"I love you." Tears welled in my eyes as he stared down at me in surprise, the softness in my voice being more of a surprise. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, remaining on the balls of my feet as he hesitantly wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face into my shoulder.

"I'm so fucking sorry..."

"Just say you love me too...it's all I want to hear right now..." I whispered quietly, trying not to cry. Remus was quiet for a moment.

"I love you too, (N/n)...and you know I'd never fucking hurt you..." I nodded, squeezing him a little tighter as he adjusted his grip, lifting me a little as he settled himself into a chair, leaving me to happily stand between his legs...cuddling him. "You mean too much to me..." I held him a little tighter.

__________________

I halted on my walk to class when I rounded a corner and saw Regulus Black speaking with Severus Snape. I stared at the pair as Snape pulled up Regulus' sleeve, revealing a mark I hoped to never see on my best friend's younger brother.

"Hey, Regulus?" I spoke as I approached the pair, Regulus quickly pulling his sleeve down.

"(Y/n)!" A bright smile crossed his lips. He was happy to see me? "What's up with the bandages?" I shook my head as Snape tilted his head curiously.

"Just a violently bad dream." Regulus nodded, turning his body to face me.

"What do you need?"

"To talk to you in private, please?" He looked to Severus who just looked me up and down before nodding, leaning back against the wall. I walked a little down the corridor, far enough for Severus to not hear, but also close enough that it wouldn't seem weird. "Regulus...did you choose this? Or did you feel like you had to do hit...?" My heart was in my throat as I asked him, scared for the answer, although his expression saddened and he looked down to the ground a little. "Reg, what happened?"

"I saw what happened with Sirius...and I didn't want that...I wanted to stay with my parents-"

"And who twisted that view onto you?" He looked up, his eyes meeting mine with a sigh before turning to look at Severus. I clenched my jaw, feeling my chest rise and fall steadily as the familiar faces of my friends rounded the corner. "Regulus, hold my bag please." I handed him the object and he swung it to sit on his shoulder as I stripped off my robe and blazer, dropping them beside his feet as I pulled my sleeves up to my elbows. My hair was currently down, so I gladly bunched it up and tied it into a a messy ponytail, with a sickening smile. "Severus." I spoke sweetly, approaching him as I tied my hair.

"Yeah...?" He pushed himself off the wall. I stalked towards him, adjusting my stance as I neared him and balling my right hand into a fist. It came as a surprise when the same fist landed on his jaw, forcefully.

"He's sixteen!!" I shouted as the corridor fell silent. "He is a sixteen year old boy! All he should be worrying about, is-"

"Trouble in paradise, (Y/n)?" I stared at him, tilting my head in confusion as he just rubbed his jaw with a smirk, popping it back into its original place. "Come on, we've noticed the scars...everyone has...And we know Loony has ones to match." I swallowed thickly, sucking in a deep breath. "We know they have something to do with him, just break up with him-" Instead of a punch, for the first time in my life, I slapped someone across the face...and hard at that.

"I don't care, you are not changing this subject. We're talking about Regulus, not Remus." I avoided looking over to my companions, Sirius Black included. "You, are a manipulative asshole, I can't believe Lily was ever friends with you." He stared at me. "Regulus his sixteen, he shouldn't be pressured into things..." I bit my lip. "Especially because you twisted his mind so he'd want to stay with his god-awful parents!" I glanced ed back to Regulus. "He's a kid! You're nearly an adult!" I clenched my teeth, grabbing Severus' tie and yanking him close to me. "If he dies, it's on your hands...You hear me?" He just rolled his eyes and pushed me off of him before turning to walk away. "I'm talking to you!" I yelled at him, amazed by his behaviour. Severus just turned to look at me, bored and waiting for me to finish. "If Reg dies.." I smiled a sickening smile. "Then your head's mine, I'll hunt you down, and kill you myself." He nodded and shrugged.

"Okay." I rolled my eyes and turned around to Regulus, who just handed me my stuff back as I grabbed his arm and pulled him around the corridor.

"Let's get you to class-"

"You don't think I should have done it?" I shook my head with a sigh.

"All in all, it was your choice..." I spoke, slipping on my blazer as we walked. "But I believe you are much more like your dear older brother than you care to think." I smiled softly. "I know you'll make the right choice eventually."