Well, now they know

I sat at the window in my room, staring at the falling snow, gradually watching the lake freeze over. It wasn't long before the door opened and I heard Lily and Alice talking happily. I rest my head against the stone wall, continuing to brood and stare out the window, hugging myself. The two thought it best to leave me be...although Lily set something by my feet, sending me sad smile, I returned the smile, thanking her for bringing me food this evening.

It wasn't until breakfast the next morning when something really set me off. I walked into the Great Hall and could hear a small conversation as I approached my usual seat. A conversation between my boys, and Severus and his group. It wasn't long before I stopped walking, spotting Lily running out of the hall, her face showing a severe amount of hurt. I furrowed my brows, soon seeing Severus leave the room. I made eye contact with James, quickly spinning on my heel and following the two out of the room and down another corridor.

"Oi Snivellous!" I called out, the boy turning around just as my fist balled up and landed swiftly to the centre of his face. "I dare you to call her that again. I dare you to shame Sirius." I grabbed his shoulders and bent him so I could drive a knee into his stomach. "I dare you to call James desperate." I was pulled back by someone, just as Severus' friends pulled him away from me.

"You've got some weird friends, Spencer. Especially that Lupin and his scars." I yanked myself away from the prying arms and physically tackled Severus to the ground, holding my wand to his throat.

"I've got a lot of pent up anger right now-"

"Why? Because you watched your parents get killed and couldn't do anything?!" He shouted back at me, earning a swift punch to his face as I gripped my wand until my knuckles turned white, my nails furiously digging into my skin. I kept punching him until I was forcibly removed. I was pulled off by Professor McGonagall. My hair had fallen loose and I blew it out of my face as I panted to calm down. I pulled my arms out of my teachers grasp as Severus groaned, bloodied on the ground. As I turned to walk away, I found the very surprised faces of my best friends, one of them looking down to my hand, where my knuckles were covered in Severus' blood. I clenched my jaw and pushed passed them to head up to one of the bathrooms to clean it off.

I slammed my hands onto the sink, crying as I dropped to my knees, still holding the porcelain and my wand. I immediately fell quiet when I heard footsteps and male voices.

"(N/n)? Hey, mate." James knelt on the floor beside me. In all my years with them, none of them had really seen me cry. My hair was down, stopping anyone from seeing my face. "You alright?" I shook my head a little bit, someone else kneeling on my other side.

"What just happened?" It was Remus. So where was Sirius and Peter?

"Don't worry, Love, we're here too, just thought those two should handle the up close stuff." I laughed slightly, sitting back on my knees as I lifted my head and dropped my hands. The group seeing me completely vulnerable for the first time. The four were sharing heartbroken expressions. James and Remus got comfortable on the floor with me.

"How are you feeling?" I shrugged at Rem's question.

"I think that's fairly clear, Moony." James hit him upside the head. "Why'd you do it?" I shrugged.

"I heard him call Lily a mudblood again, calling Sirius a blood traitor, you desperate, Peter weird..." I sniffled, drying my eyes.

"He mentioned my scars, didn't he?" I nodded ever so slightly. There was silence, and then I felt a hand on my head ruffling my hair. I looked up, seeing Sirius' smiling, heartbroken face.

"Thanks, you did a really good number on him. Broken nose and cheekbone I heard." He chortled, dropping beside me and pulling me into a playful hug. I laughed, still crying a little. My other three boys chuckled. James ruffled my hair too, Peter sending me a grateful smile while Remus waited for Sirius to pull away from me, pressing a grateful kiss to the top of my head, resting his forehead against mine.

"Thank you." I saw his soft, although slightly pained smile. Soon enough all four boys had me wrapped in a hug, later guiding me back to the Gryffindor tower.

I waited downstairs in the common room until most people had gone to bed. James, Sirius and Peter had gone up, leaving Remus to peacefully read by the fire. I stood from my seat on the floor and sat on the sofa beside Remus. Lily had gone up too, leaving me alone with Remus.

"Hey Rem?" He hummed, letting me know he had acknowledged I wanted his attention. I waited a couple of moments, knowing that he wanted to finish his page. When he did, he slid in bookmark and closed his book, leaning against the back of the sofa and turning his head to look at me with a tired smile.

"Yes?" He spoke sweetly but quietly, causing a small smile to cross my lips. I grabbed one of the cushions and began hitting him with it, causing him to burst out laughing.

"You're such a little shit!" I continued to hit him as he slid along the sofa, partially laying down in order to avoid getting actually hit by the pillow.

"I'm not! You're-"

"I said you weren't getting rid of me!" I hit him with the pillow again. "But you just had to distance yourself-" Remus grabbed the pillow and pulled it from my hands, surprising me. I halted in my movements.

"I know, and I knew I wouldn't be alone, because I'd see you again-"

"You two knew each other?!" A voice ripped from the boy's staircase. Remus and I groaned, knowing that we wouldn't be able to actually have a conversation about this situation with each other. James and Sirius stood on the stairs. Remus and I shared a look with sigh, nodding.

"They were going to find out eventually-"

"Hey, you're the one who distanced himself from me, not the other way round, Lupin."