CHAPTER 3

Aiden's POV

As soon as we all started running towards the house I knew where I needed to go, the basement. I remember yesterday when we were patrolling waiting for her, I had seen her climbing out of the basement window; I just hope this is where she will be.

Within minutes we had entered the house and as we suspected there was no guards, in fact there was no one. Either we have been lucky with our timing or this is a trap, I was hoping for the first option and started searching for the basement door. As we made our way through the house searching there was a loud bang to my right, so I changed direction and headed that way. As soon as I reached the kitchen, I found the source of the bang and I saw Isabelle, my birth mother, and I froze. She stared at me with a silver knife in her hand, "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE MUT" she screamed at me, I wonder if she recognises me, not that I expected her to, but I do look exactly like Amelia.

"Where is my sister. Dearest Mother?" I asked staring into her eyes, I wanted to see her reaction but the one I got was not what I expected.

"Ah my long-lost son, so you finally came after all this time. But now you want to take your sister, oh no, I don't think so." She said back. I could feel myself getting angry and my wolf was itching to come forward, then it hit me, she called me mut. She knows, or is she one too, although she does not smell like a wolf.

"How do you know what I am, you don't smell like a wolf to me." I growl at her.

A small smirk appeared on her lips. "Aw is my little puppy mad? Just like your father, you can't control your wolf.".

"Wait what, my Father was a wolf?" I knew I had the wolf gene in my bloodline, but I never expected it to be my parents.

"Well yes, that why you are a wolf, and the reason I did not want you. I wanted Amelia because she should have taken my genetic abilities as she is female, and they only pass to the female bloodline. Unfortunately, for her, it did not pass down, so I had no use of her. I can see the look your giving me, no she isn't a werewolf after your father either and she isn't a witch after me, such a shame." She said with an annoyed tone and looked down. Before I could respond she looked back up. "If you had the witch bloodline you would possess the power, and your powers would appear when you turn 16. And if you had the werewolf genes then you would start hearing your wolf at 18 and shift not long after. Amelia has none so she is no use to me, and I do not want her. I was going to kill her like I did your father, but now I have a better use for her." She said proudly.

Better use, what could she possibly want from her. Hang on, she just said she killed...

"WHAT! YOU KILLED MY FATHER?" I screamed at her.

That was it I lost it and charged. Before I got to her, she threw the silver knife towards me, which I easily dodged but then she froze me mid jump. I was unable to move, and I was in the air. I tried to move but it was no use, I was about to call out when I saw a pure black wolf jump from my right and pinned her to the floor. As soon as she was pinned the spell she used on me was broken and I fell to the floor. Just as I got to them Lucas linked me "Aiden please listen, I heard everything. You need to find your sister; I can handle this for now, but you need to find her." He was right, I needed to find Amelia and get her out of here.

I started searching for the basement and as I walked just past the kitchen I found a door with a padlock on, this must be the basement. Without hesitation I ripped the lock off and made my way down. The stairs were in darkness, but I could see a flicker off light coming from around a corner at the bottom of the stairs. I got to the bottom of the stairs I could smell blood with a hint of the fresh rain and grass, she was here. When I turned the corner my wolf almost came out then and there. Amelia was tied up and unconscious on the bed covered in blood. But the worse part, Mason was on top of her, naked. As soon as I saw what he was doing a deadly growl escaped my throat, I knew that everyone would have heard me and would be coming to find out what was wrong. As soon as the growl left my throat, I could not hold my wolf back anymore and I shifted into my deep brown wolf. Mason saw me and gave me a smirk. That bastard, I swear I will kill him. I was about to pounce when I heard a deadly growl from behind me, so powerful the house shook and made everyone freeze, including Mason. I looked behand me and saw Lucas's black wolf coming towards us.