CHAPTER 5

Lucas's POV

When Aiden introduced me to Amelia and I took her hand I immediately felt the sparks of the mate bond, I did not expect her to feel them but when she pulled her hand back and gasped, I knew she had. If she were human, she would not feel the physical effects of the mate bond, she would only feel the attraction aspects. The fact she did feel something indicates that she must be a werewolf, I think I need to speak to her and see if I can communicate with her wolf. I also need to check in with my warriors for an update on Mason's whereabouts, I run the city so it should not be too hard, I will do this first and then go and see Lia.

I make my way from my office to the packs meeting room, as I enter I can see Aiden is already there, everyone else stands and bows their head in respect waiting for me to sit down. Once I sit everyone else does, I can already tell that they do not have any good news for me, but I guess I should ask anyway.

"Any report on Mason's whereabouts?" I ask the question to Noah, my head warrior and third in command.

"I wish we did Alpha, but he has vanished. We made some enquiries, and it seems he is still alive, but we don't know where or how." Noah replies while handing me some documents proving that he is still alive.

"This is ridiculous! We need to find him and soon, we have his wife and stepdaughter so I suspect he will try and get them back. We need to be ready; he managed to survive and vanish after having his throat ripped out so who knows what he has up his sleeve. Double the training and patrols, I want every scout available looking for him. The cargo we have ordered is coming in on Saturday and it will still go ahead, we will need the extra weapons. I want to double the manpower when the shipment arrives to avoid any unnecessary issues." I say to the room.

"Yes, Alpha." They all reply and leave the room. I need to find him before he comes for Lia, I could not give a shit if he takes Isabelle, but he is not getting anywhere near my Lia. I turn to Aiden once all the warriors have left the room, "Aiden I want you to organise the extra training and patrol and get Noah to arrange the extra men for the job on Saturday. I am going to bed now and in the morning I am going to go see Amelia." I tell him.

"Of course, I will get it done now. Let me know if you need me in the morning, I will get the pack together to arrange extra training for those who volunteer first." Aiden turns and leaves the room.

It is now 7am, is it too early to go see Lia? I think I will have a shower and breakfast and then take her a nice breakfast over; the hospital food is not the best there so I am sure this will be a good place to start with her. After I get out the shower, I decide to wear a blue shirt to match my eyes and black jeans, I leave my hair to flop to the side not wanting to waste time styling it. I leave my room and head down to the kitchen, Mrs Jones is in the kitchen already cooking, I have to say she is the best cook I have ever met. I decide to take Amelia a full breakfast with a side of toast and a hot chocolate.

When I get to the hospital Doctor Will approaches me before I get to Amelia's room "Alpha, I am glad you are here." He says.

"Why what's wrong?" I demand, worried something happened while I was not here.

"No nothing like that. She was having nightmares last night, from what the night staff told me she seemed quite distressed. I have also checked her over this morning, and she is healing nice and quick. I just thought you should know." Dr Will said.

"Thank you, Doctor. Have you had the blood results yet?" I ask him, hoping this will indicate what genes are in her blood.

"Yes, the strangest thing is, they are inconclusive. All I know is that it does not look like a normal humans results. You have a special mate there Alpha." He says giving me a wink.