CHAPTER 7

Lucas's POV

This past week has been amazing, getting to know Lia and seeing her get along with the pack fills me with joy. I have seen how she acts around people; I have been watching her and I already know she will make an excellent Luna to this pack regardless of if her wolf comes out. Of course, I hope she does, and my wolf Blake is hoping so too. He told me he can sense something but is refusing to tell me what it is.

I hated leaving Lia, but I could not risk anything going wrong with this job, we needed the extra weapons to ensure we were armed as backup. I knew there was a risk that someone could attack the pack while I am gone which is why Natalie and Noah are staying close to Lia and I have warriors surrounding the house. Natalie and Noah both have Gamma blood and are stronger than my warriors so I know she will be safe with them.

As we reach the warehouse, we all make our way to our designated spots while we wait for the weapons to arrive, on any shipment coming in we always hang back until it has arrived in case there is an ambush. While we are waiting, I notice that things seem quiet, too quiet. I do not know if it is because I have something to lose now that is making me paranoid, but I do not like this feeling and neither does my wolf.

"Blake something doesn't seem right." I say to my wolf.

"I know I don't like this either, I will be prepared in case we need to shift quickly." Blake replies.

After about 30 minutes I hear the trucks arriving down the hidden track through the woods, I link the team who are wolves and whistle to the humans to let them know that it is almost time. Before the trucks come into view, I hear a howl in the distance, Blake instantly goes into fight mode. "I think we have company, I heard howling so it must be another pack. Protect the humans as much as you can, I don't want them to see what we are." I mind-link everyone.

"Yes, Alpha." They reply at once. I look over to Aiden and nod letting him know to start making our way down to the drop off point, being careful not to be seen. Just as we get to the edge of the woods, I see the two trucks come round the bend and pull into the warehouse. I whistle to my first line guys to move forward. We slowly make our way to the warehouse prepared to strike if necessary. I hear the howls again, but they seem further away this time, and it sounds like they are leaving the area. They could have been just passing through, this is unclaimed territory after all. We get to the warehouse and are met with the normal drivers for all our other shipments, and we start unloading the weapons. After a couple of hours, we have all the weapons secured in our transport vans to take them to another secure location before taking half to the pack house armoury and half to the city.

We start heading back when I get an overwhelming feeling through the mate bond, I cannot quite feel the emotion as there is so many at once, one I know for sure is anger. Blake can feel it too as he is going mad in my mind trying to get out and shift.

"Mate needs us! We need to shift and get to her. She is in danger." He shouts at me. He did not need to tell me twice, as we quickly shift and run as fast as we can to the pack house. On my way I link Aiden "Aiden, Lia is in trouble! I can feel it through the bond, we need to get back now!" I hear Aiden growl from behind me and he is soon behind me running as fast as he can, I can see the other warriors behind him too. I cannot wait so I link Noah to find out what is happening. "Noah I can feel that Lia is in danger, what the hell is happening there!" I ask urgently.

"Alpha, they came out of nowhere. So many rouges at once. We were with Lia and she needed to go to the bathroom, then we heard her scream, and she was gone. Isabelle is gone too; I think it is Mason." He replies. Hearing this I let out a low growl letting everyone around me know that their Luna is in danger.