CHAPTER 14

Aiden's POV

I am so happy Lia is back with us, knowing she is safe and back where she belongs, I feel like I can breath again. We had just said goodnight to her and Lucas after almost mating Natalie in front of them. The moment Poppy died I did not feel the pain of a broken bond, in fact I did not feel anything other than my soul recognising Natalie. Finally, everything made sense, the way I felt about Poppy compared to other mates was not right and then the way I would get signs of the mate bond with Natalie.

After my little make-out session with Natalie we realised we needed to do something about Poppy's body, Nat broke to silence first. "What do you want to do with her?".

"We should bury her, but not with the packs fallen ones. We can bury her outside the pack in the woods, I will get a few warriors to do it" I answer.

"We can do it. If you wanted." She added but I can tell she would rather do something else.

Did I want to do it? No, I do not want her preventing me spending another minute with my mate. "No, I will link some warriors to deal with it, I would like to spend the rest of my night with my mate." I said winking at her.

"Soo, your room or mine? We are after all on the same floor anyway." She asked.

She looked nervous; it was cute. "Well, I have a walk-in double wardrobe and a private bathroom?".

"Walk-in wardrobe? I am in." she says laughing. I laugh with her.

We make our way to my room, linking some warriors on the way up to bury Poppy's body just outside pack territory. When we enter my room, we are both unsure what to do, we have been friends for so long and now suddenly, we are mates. Part of me is scared that we will ruin our friendship, I know that is uncommon in mates, but we have been fooled for so long and I do not know if it will affect us still now. "I am sorry, I am not sure how to act. You were like my best-friend for so long and now all I want to do is touch you" I admit.

"Were?" she asks mischievously taking a step towards me. She comes in front of me placing her hand on my biceps. Screw it, I think and lean in to kiss her. Sparks fly everywhere under my skin as we start kissing each other passionately, slowly we make our way to the bed. Once on the bed I pull back from the kiss, mainly for air but also to ask her what she wants. "I can stop if you want me too. But if you want this, me, then I will gladly accept you as my true mate" I say.

"You think I would reject you?" she asks, she looks confused.

"Well with me being with, you know who, I did not know if you would want me. I know we are meant to save ourselves for our mates" I admit.

"Oh, that is so old school. Plus, you were kind of under a spell so I cannot hold it against you" she smirks. I just look down; I am unsure if she is just saying this. "Aiden look at me" she adds. I look up into her beautiful eyes, I am trying to read her emotions, but she is like a closed book. "I Natalie Rossi accept you Aiden Cortez as my one true fated mate".

Her words caught my breath, she has just made me the happiest man in the world, "I Aiden Cortez accept you Natalie Rossi as my one true fated mate".

The moment we accepted each other I felt the bond getting stronger, we wasted no time resuming where we left of as I kissed her like my life depended on it. The kiss intensified and we started removing each other's clothes, once we were naked, we sat facing each other on the bed, Nat straddling me. I pulled back form the kiss and started kissing her neck making my way to her marking spot. She let out a moan when my lips brushed the spot and she started kissing my marking spot, before I got chance too, I felt her canines extend and pierce the skin, shooting bolts of electricity all over my body. When the feeling subdued enough for me to think straight, I felt my canines extended and bit into her neck on the marking spot. As my canines penetrated her skin, I felt her whole-body tense in pleasure the same as mine did. When she came back to earth, she pulled my head up and kissed me passionately, I lowered her down onto her back, I wanted to take my time with my beautiful mate.