CHAPTER 12

Aiden's POV

2 days had passed since Lia went missing; we were all going stir crazy. We had every free warrior out searching for her on pack lands and had our business members searching the city. Nothing has come back, her scent was nowhere around the pack lands, we even sent a few of our warriors including Noah to the city to see if they could pick up her scent. As time was passing by, we all got more and more worried, Lucas was going crazy. Poppy was missing too but I did not seem to be feeling the way Lucas was, I was more hoping she would come back so we can get answers on Lia.

Lucas was out searching the pack grounds again while I came back to the pack house to rest, we always took alternative shifts so if we found anything, one of us would be there. Noah and Natalie did the same as us, so we always had a trusted friend to help one of us.

I had just had a shower, getting the past 12 hours of dirt off me, but I was too anxious to sleep. I decide to go get a beer and watch some TV in the common area, the TV in there was bigger than the one in my room and closer to the kitchen so it was a win, win.

I got my beer from the kitchen and walked across to the common room, as I entered, I was shocked to see Natalie.

"Natalie? I thought you was out with Lucas?" I asked her.

She looked up, she looked just as shocked as I did. "Oh Aiden, sorry I thought everyone was asleep. Sorry did you want me to leave?"

"No do not worry, I was just going to watch some TV. I don't mind hanging with you for a while, do you want a beer?" I asked. She shook her head and lifted a glass of wine up showing me she already had a drink. I nodded and made my way to the chair opposite to where she was sitting, mindfully keeping a distance.

"I thought you were out searching with Lucas tonight?" I asked, I have always been paired with Noah, so I was confused to why she was here and not out with Lucas.

"Me and Noah swapped shifts, Lucas wanted his help with checking the boarders to the city. He has more experience with that side of the territory than I do, so he took a double shift." She answered. I felt bad that he was doing a double shift, but he can handle it, he just might sleep for his full 12 hours rest tomorrow.

"Ah, well you best make it up to him then." I said laughing. She laughed back.

All this small talk was just covering up the awkwardness around us. I know she felt the same as me, we were not sure what was happening with us and the way we were feeling. We used to be so close but now things have become awkward because of what happened. The way the tingles ran through us when we touched was weighing heavily on my mind, I could not remember if I felt that with Poppy the last time we touched, I know we did when we met but now, I am struggling to remember if I still do. Was my fated mate changing? It was impossible, once your fated mate was chosen it was meant to be for life, regardless of if the bond breaks from death, betrayal, or rejection. The softness in Natalie's voice made me stop overthinking everything.

"Aiden do not worry; we will find her." She must have thought I was thinking about finding Lia, I was worried, but not at that moment. I looked at her and stared into her beautiful dark blue eyes, I let out a sigh.

"I know we will. It is just I have a bad feeling. I don't know if it's because Lia is missing or Poppy." I admit. Her body stiffened slightly when I mentioned Poppy, was she jealous, or did she just hate her that much. Part of me hopes it is jealousy.

"I do not know about Poppy," she said with an annoyed tone, "but I know Lia is and will be ok, she is my best friend and I have faith." I nodded in agreement and we both sat there in silence.