CHAPTER 21

Aiden's POV

After Lucas and Lia left to visit the other packs, I went back to overseeing the construction of the new houses. We had workers start soon after the meeting the other day and have managed to get the new houses half finished, I was shocked at how quickly we were getting them up. We decided to build more than we may need so when we reach out to more wolves, we have the room.

The next couple of hours fly by and we are still waiting to hear something from Lucas, I wonder whether anyone will resist or if they will encounter any issues. As if on que Nat comes and finds me, "The first group are on their way, Lia just let me know that they have just been picked up. We should get the keys for each of the rooms and free houses ready." She says.

"Oh, that's good. Lets go get them ready then." I reply to her and we start walking back to the pack. When we reach the pack house, I notice there is a lot of wolves sitting around waiting, these are the wolves that have not found their mates. Everyone deserves to meet their mate and live a life together; they are the other half to you, and they will be the only person in the world that understands you. It really is amazing.

The next few hours go by and we have the first two packs here and starting to settle into their new homes, a lot of them with children have opted for one of the new houses so they are currently in the pack house until they are built. When they first arrived, I was stunned, they were in bad ways. I never expected this when they arrived, I knew they did not have the resources like we do but I never expected them to be this bad. I just wished that we had decided to do this sooner, so they were not this bad.

Nat was helping some of the new members unpack while I helped Mrs Jones in the kitchen, with all the extra mouths to feed we needed a lot of food. We decided to set up the spare tables outside, luckily today was a nice day otherwise we would struggle to fit in the house. "Aiden, can you be a dear and start mashing the potatoes?" Mrs Jones asked me.

"Of course, just do not moan if there are lumps." I say back with a chuckle. Every time she asks me to mash potatoes she always moans about lumps, that I did not mash enough or add enough butter. She did change it to me making the gravy, but she soon gave up saying my gravy ad more lumps than the mash. When ever we help her in the kitchen, we always get the jobs she hates, like mashing, stirring, or grating the cheese. She used to say these were a mans job.

Just as we had finished setting the last of the food out, I heard cars coming up the toward the house, Lucas must be back. We walked out the front to greet them, Lia and Lucas got out the car, Lia looked exhausted. Then Noah got out the car with his arm around a skinny woman with long brown hair and blue eyes, she looked extremely underweight, but they looked happy, he clearly found his mate. As I started to walk towards them a shriek came from behind me, and the woman Noah was holding's eyes went wide. "OH MY GOD. Samantha!" Jessica squealed from behind me running past me towards Noah's mate, her name must be Samantha then. They both embraced each other like they had not seen each other in years, Jessica pulled back slightly "I thought you had died." She said with tears in her eyes.

"You used to tell me I was not allowed to die without you." Samantha replied smiling slightly. She then looked up at Noah before looking back to Jessica. "Jess, this is my mate Noah. He is the third at this pack." Samantha explained with admiration. Jess looked at Noah with an expression like she was assessing him, it made me chuckle.

"You are perfect for my sister." Jessica claimed before pulling him into a hug. Everyone laughed, including Noah.

"Sorry to interrupt the reunion, but we have a garden full of freshly cooked food for everyone. After we have eaten, I will show you all the accommodation." I say loudly to everyone. It did not take a second call for everyone to rush to the garden, including Lucas and Lia.