CHAPTER 6

Aiden's POV

When Lucas told me Amelia was being discharged I was so happy, even when he said she would be staying with him and that she made the decision herself; this will give them the time they need as mates and being so close to her mate will help heal her faster too.

Over the past few days, I have been focusing on building the training programs to allow as many wolves as possible to train and arranging patrols around the pack. I have been so busy I have not had chance to check in with Amelia, other than seeing her at mealtimes, but this did not give us any one-to-one time. Now that the training is flowing nicely and we have the pack patrol in order I decide it is time to go and bond with my twin sister, hoping she has settled in nicely. When I get to her room I knock lightly and when I do not hear any noise, I assume she is either out or asleep. I think I will come back later and start heading back down the hall, just as I am about to reach the stairs, I hear her door open, and she pokes her head out. "Aiden? Is that you?" She calls out to me.

"Yes, sorry I can come back later if now isn't a good time?" I reply while walking back to her.

"No, no its fine honestly, I was just in the wardrobe getting dressed, come in." She says opening the door wider for me. When I enter, I can see she has made herself at home in Lucas's room with girly accessories all over the place, there is even a picture of her and Lucas on the bedside table. I am so glad she is happy.

"Thank you, I just wanted to see how you have settled and wondered if you wanted to hang for a while and get to know one another?" I ask her.

"Yes, that sounds really nice actually. I am sorry I have not made much of an effort." she replies.

"Do not be silly. I have been so busy with pack stuff, I am sorry." I tell her. We both laugh and roll our eyes. Well we are twins after all.

We spend most the afternoon getting to know each other, it feels nice and natural, you would not think we have just met. I tell her all about my adopted parents and she told me how close her and Isabelle were before Mason came into their lives. The afternoon flies by and the one thing I haven't asked yet is about how she feels about werewolves, I thought she might have said something by now. "Lia, I have been meaning to ask you, from our conversation in the hospital about who we are here, how are you coping with it all? Any changes with you?" I ask, I am nervous of the answer.

"I am fine with it; I have never really felt like I belong before but here I do, and I feel complete. I have not started to notice any changes since the hospital, I am losing hope that it is true, despite what Lucas says. I mean I know we have this deep connection which should only be felt with wolves, but I don't know." She looks down, clearly disappointed.

"Hey, it will be ok. If you do have a wolf just be patient with her, she clearly isn't ready to be known." I tell her as sincere as possible. I honestly do not know what is happening with her, I am simply happy she is with us. Even as a human she is Lucas's mate so I know she will always be welcome.

"Hey Boo, dinner is ready. Where are you?" Poppy mind-links me.

"I am just with Lia; we will come down now." I tell her.

I stand up and turn to Lia, "Poppy just said dinner is ready, you hungry?" I ask her.

Her face lights up at the mention of food "Oh yes. I am always ready for Mrs Jones's food." She squeals and jumps up.

When we get to the dining room everyone is already there talking and laughing between themselves, I give Lia a kiss on the cheek and make my way over to Poppy while she makes her way to Lucas. Once I have sat down, I can feel Poppy's glare. "What?" I ask her, trying to think if I have missed something or done something.