CHAPTER 8

Aiden's POV

As much as I love Poppy, she is starting to do my head in, yes, she is my mate, so I get all the feelings but the way she is acting towards Lia is starting to anger my wolf. If Lia were just some random girl, I would sort of understand but she is not, she is my twin sister. The way she glares at her makes me uncomfortable and how she does not want me to spend time with her is strange. I know Lia needs me now, I was hoping I could talk to her last night, but as usual Poppy interrupted us, so I will speak to her today regardless of what Poppy says. I finish up in the bathroom and go to my wardrobe, I decide on some black jeans and a red jumper and start heading out. Luck clearly not on my side, just as my hand lands on the door Poppy appears behind me. "Where do you think you're going Aiden?" She asks.

I turn round trying to hide that I was pissed off. "I am going to see my sister Poppy. I need to make sure she is ok after yesterday." I tell her sternly.

"What about me? You should be spending the day with me considering we were attacked yesterday, not going to see some human." She spat.

That's it, I was pissed and so was my wolf. "Don't you DARE speak about my sister like that. Are you really that low that you don't like me seeing my sister, why do you hate her so much?" I snap. I can feel that my wolf has come forward, which I know she will be able to see too.

"I should be your priority Aiden; I am your mate. Since she came here you and Lucas only care for her and have forgotten about me. I do not like her because she is a mere human and has already got Lucas wrapped around her finger. She does not belong here and does not deserve him." She admits.

Now call me crazy but it seems that she is more annoyed about Lucas showing her attention than me. "Why are you so bothered about Lucas. She is his mate, chosen by the Moon Goddess, there is nothing you can do. If I am not mistaken, I would say you are jealous. So why would you be jealous when I am your mate?" I question her.

"Lucas is like a brother to me Aiden, I care about this family. I am not jealous I just don't want this pack to suffer because of her."

"Well, I don't care what you think. I am going to see my sister to make sure she is ok." I say. She is about to say something else, but I ignore her and walk out. I will not be able to control my anger if I stay there anymore.

I make my way to Lia and Lucas's room and once there I knock lightly, Lucas opens the door and then opens it wide enough for me to enter. When I walk in Lia is sitting on the sofa in their room, I go sit next to her while Lucas sits on the chair opposite us. Lia tells me all about what happened and the parts she can remember. I still think Isabelle and Mason were behind this somehow. I look at Lucas and he is sat there deep in thought. "I think someone in the pack got Isabelle out and I do not think this is the end. We need to be careful." Lucas nodded.

"I know you can mind-link each other but I am sat right here, if you have something to say then say it." Lia interrupted us.

"I am sorry Lia; I was just saying we need to be careful because I do not think it is over yet. I did not want to worry you." I answer her honestly. It was true, I did not want her to think that there was a traitor within the pack.

"Oh, well I thought the same thing." She replied. "But there is something else you need to know and please don't freak out." she added.

"What? I won't freak out I promise." What could she possibly say that would make me freak out.

"So, when I got checked over by the doctor, I found out that I am pregnant." she said. I instantly looked at Lucas, surely, they have not mated already. "It is not Lucas's, Aiden its Mason's." She said. To say I was shocked is an understatement, how do you even respond to that.