CHAPTER 13

Amelia's POV

It felt good to be back in the arms of those that I love. The relief I felt when Natalie finished Poppy, knowing that the traitor in the pack was gone, I was slightly worried that Natalie would get into trouble for doing that. She should not though, I drove the silver knife into her which would have killed his without medical attention. Poppy was gone, Mason was gone, and Isabelle was powerless, the threat was gone. For now.

Lucas and I let Aiden and Natalie have some time alone, as soon as Poppy died, they instantly felt the mate bond in full force. I swear if we did not leave when we did, we would have had front row seats to them mating. Not something I wanted to see between my brother and best friend. Although my brother and best friend being together gives me some happiness in all this, my best friend will now be my sister in-law.

Lucas took me to my room; I know he wants to talk and find out what happened. I have a whole story ready about what happened so I would not need to give any details about my identity. The part I fear is talking about the baby, I do not know how to deal with it. We both sat on the bed and I can feel his gaze on the side of my head. "What happened?" he whispered.

"I guess Isabelle wanted revenge, oh and another child." I replied, I had to tell him the truth on this.

"A child?" he gave me a quizzical look.

I sighed before continuing "she said she wanted me to bear her a child, with Mason. Of course, she did not know I was already pregnant. At that point anyway." He nodded for me to continue. "I tried to hide it the best I could but, she could sense the pregnancy. She thought it was yours, I didn't want to tell her it was Masons otherwise I never would have gotten away."

"She killed the baby?" He asked but he already knows the answer. I could not say the words, all I could do was nod as my eyes filled with tears. "I will kill her; I swear I will not rest until I find her and will kill her." He declared.

"There is no need, you will never find her. She is hidden in a magical place, plus before I got out, I stabbed her so if she is not dead, she is suffering." I tell him. "I just want to live my life, starting a fresh. I now have a wolf and as much as losing my baby hurts, I need to start living. I just need a few days to grieve first." I had never thought of it before but sitting here and admitting this, it felt right. I need a fresh start and stop being the pushover I always was.

"Take as long as you need. I will be here for you, as much as I am thrilled that you have a wolf, I hate what you needed to go through for her to come forward." He said, he cupped my cheek, "my wolf cannot wait to meet yours." He added.

"I am sure she cannot wait to meet your wolf either, but. I, she is not ready to shift, and I am not sure when I will be able to. It could be years; I think from the years of abuse it affected her too." I admitted to him, even though it was a lie. He gave me a confused but understanding look, I really did not want him to press harder on the situation. I leaned in for a hug and for the first time in days I felt safe and happy.

It has been a few days since I came home. I have spent every day mourning the loss of my baby. Everyday has been getting a little better and I have started planning for my future, it helps that Amethyst has been helping me through the past few days. Even though I will be pretending I cannot shift yet I want to start training, I agreed with Amethyst that we will need to hide our true strength. If the pack sees how strong we really are they will ask questions. You are always stronger after shifting for the first time and we are more so because what we really are. I want to spend more time with my family too, especially now I have a Sister. I have not had much time with Aiden either, he is my twin and I feel like I still do not know him that well. Now we do not have a certain someone keeping him from me, I plan to get to know him so much better than I do.