CHAPTER 4

Lucas's POV

"Alpha, Beta, we have a BIG PROBLEM! We went to the basement to clean the mess and Mason was gone." My warriors mind-linked me with panic in their voices. How can he just disappear, he was dead.

"How can this happen? People do not just disappear, especially dead ones." I reply to them.

"We don't know Alpha. When Aiden asked us to clean up, we went straight down to the basement and he wasn't here. There is no other way out of the basement so we would have seen him." One of the warriors explained. It was true, the time from when we left to when they would have entered was not long enough for someone to go in and get him.

"Ok team scout the area and come back here to report." I do not feel hopeful that they will find anything though; this is all too strange, the only thing I can think of is a witch. It could not be Isabelle as she is now in the dungeon which is enchanted so supernatural beings cannot use their power. We will need to be careful.

When I was listening to Aiden and Isabelle I heard her explaining to Aiden that his father was a werewolf, and she was a witch. And that she does not think that Amelia has any abilities from either side, but I already know this is not true. What she clearly did not know is that it is impossible for twins to be different species, which means she is a werewolf and the only explanation as to why she does not know is all the abuse. If her abuse were so severe then her wolf would have been silent trying to heal her and would not come forward when the time came. I was not sure though whether she was a witch from her mother's side. I will need to do some research, if the power is linked to her wolf then she may not have shown any signs until her wolf appeared.

While I was deep in thought Aiden mind-linked me "Lucas I know we need to look into this but right now we need to focus on Amelia, she is waking up." As he said the words, I felt relief wash over me and I needed to see her. "Your right, we have her safe and we can focus on finding him tomorrow. I am on my way." I replied quickly.

I do not think I have ever moved so quickly, even for a wolf; I reached the hospital within 5 minutes. As I walked through the door, I saw Aiden waiting for me. When I reached him he informed me that the Doctor was just checking her over and once he is done, we can go in.

It seemed like forever until Doctor Will was finished; "You can go in and see her now, just be careful, she is scared and doesn't understand what is going on." Will gave us a smile and a nod and walked back to his office. Entering the room, I could see the fear in her eyes as she looked between Aiden and me, I let Aiden approach her first, as much as I hated it, he was who she opened to. I can see that she looked more relaxed as Aiden approached her and he sat in the chair next to her, before he started to talk, he looked at me and I gave him an encouraging nod. As he started to explain things to her, I took a seat on the chair near the window, I did not want her to be fearful of me, but I did want to see her reaction to the news.

Amelia's POV

I felt like I was hit by a truck, and I could hardly move. I tried to open my eyes, but everything was blurry. I saw a figure beside me, but I could not work out who it was, was its Mason or Isabelle I wondered. I started to panic when he started to speak, his voice was soft and comforting "Amelia don't worry, you are safe. I will go get the Doctor." The blurred figure then left the room. Suddenly, the thoughts of what happened came back to me; all I could think about was what he did to me and how he took me. I thought I was going to die in that basement and here I am now on a soft hospital bed, which should feel great, but I have no idea where I am and whether I am still with him. My eyesight started to clear, and I could see the room I was in, the walls were painted white, and I could see hospital machines to the sides of me. The room smelt of disinfectant, typical hospital smell. As I was looking around the room the door opened and an elderly man walked in, he looked to be in his sixties but had a warm look to him which made me feel comfortable around him. I do not recognise this man which hopefully means I am no longer with my family; my mother and Mason had their own personal doctors and I have seen them all during the past few years, so I know enough that this Doctor is not one of them.