𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

PROLOGUE: 

I'm jogged awake from my sleep and I look over at her as I open my eyes.

"Did you know the national health foundation recommends ten hours of sleep to all young adults and adolescence between the ages of thirteen and seventeen?" I ask the girl.

"Just because you were up all night, thinking of your ex." She mutters.

"That's not funny." I sit up in the car seat and look around at the view. "In other news... Where are we?" 

"On a boat." Nat gets out the car.

"Real descriptive." I mutter, looking out at the view again before getting out the car, slamming the door rather loudly. "Where are we going? Just so we're on the same page." I ask, running after Nat.

"Norway." She says casually, looking down at the phone she had.

"Norway..." I look at the land which was pretty far away in the distance.

"Look- we're getting there." She says defensively. After a moment, she hands the phone over to me, I look down but it's just a blank screen. "Throw it for me. You're way better at that then me." I roll my eyes and walk to the edge of the ship, looking around to see if anyone was looking before throwing it a good seventy metres away into the ocean. "I thought you said you can throw far." 

I scoff at Nat's comment, "Go find it and throw it yourself." 

"Come on. There's hot food in the canteen." Nat drags me along the ship into the lower deck. The canteen was like one of those old cafes you'd see lorry drivers in. Which was weird, but I wasn't going to judge too much, I for one was not going to make a scene. I open up the menu and look at it for a second.

"I'm thinking- bacon sandwich." I say, flopping it back down on the table.

"I'm thinking- sleep." Nat says, I smile.

"You can go sit down in the car and sleep when we get the food, if you'd like?" I propose to her. She purses her lips, undecided.

"Maybe." She says. "The ship is meant to be closing in on land in the next hour if the tide isn't too bad." 

"Are you saying I'm not a trusty driver?" I raise an eyebrow and she sips the drink she'd just bought, avoiding the question. "Oh, I see how it is." I nod, resting back against my chair, smirking a little.

"As if you have not crashed a car before." She points out.

"What? And you haven't?" I tilt my head a little and she becomes more interested in the table cloth. I shake my head in disbelief. "Come off it, you've crashed more cars than Clint." 

"I think that's exaggerating it a little." Nat says, looking up at me.

"I think it's honest." I smirk. A waiter comes over with food for us and we eat. A radio at the counter speaks Norwegian, but understandable to both me and Natasha.

"After the Sokovia Accords, the hunt is on for the remaining Avengers... Steve Rogers, Aerus Shaw and Natasha Romanoff are currently on the run." The reporter speaks about us and I give Nat a little look.

"Why do they always say me last?" She asks. "Just because you have some cool sword and Rogers is the Star-spangled man." I take a sip of my drink and go to make some sarcastic comment which will most likely piss her off when a voice comes onto the speaker stating we were to return to our vehicles. Saved by the bell.

She drives up a road and stops.

"I thought you said Mason is good at this..." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion  at the bungalow. 

Nat shrugs. "Get the stuff out the back for me?" She walks out and I see her take a gun out from her back pocket. How nice of her. I get out myself and take out our few bags before joining her as she walked into the place. Nat walks through to the bedroom while I drop the bags on the kitchen counter before following her. "You're in my bed." She tells him as I lean up against the doorframe, looking at Mason on her bed.

He looks over at me before back at her, only just remembering where he was. "I'm- I'm not even under the covers." 

"Did you get everything on my list?" Nat passes me by as I take a glance around her room, being a little nosey. 

"Got passports-" He hands me mine as he passes me by. "-entry visas, a couple of driver's licenses. If the both of you mix and match, you should be able to stretch it to 20 or so identities each." 

I open up a few of the passports and read them out. "Max King?" I ask. "How common does that sound?"

"Fanny Longbottom?" Nat asks, also reading hers out.

"What?" Mason asks, not seeing a problem.

"Are you five? Or twelve?" I ask him, "I'm just curious." I walk over to the pull out couch as I tease the guy.

"Ha ha. Very funny." He says, looking between the two of us. "They're both legitimate names." Mason chuckles. "There's a generator outside. It's petrol-powered. And the septic tank will need a flush in a couple of weeks, but you know, I've got a guy coming for that. You'll have to haul your rubbish into town, it's about a 20-minute drive." 

"Hear that, Air?" Nat asks, getting my attention. "That's your job." 

"You hate me." I mutter as I go through the IDs.

"I've got your basic hardware kit stashed under the stairs." He finishes. There's a silence between the three of us. "Are you guys okay, or-?"

"Why wouldn't we be?" Nat asks.

"Heard something about the Avengers getting divorced." He says, I only roll my eyes. Are you guys okay? Other than the fact that you're on the run from like- everyone, one of your families' are like in shreds, and the only place you can live in is a 20-minute drive from civilisation. Are you okay though?

"We're fine." Nat tells him, even I knew she was lying just a little bit though. "The two of us work better together."

"Are you sure? Because you can tell me, you know. Both of you." I look over at Mason, diverting my attention from the IDs. "That's the way the whole friends thing works." 

"We know." I put on a fake smile. "We have friends." 

"People who have friends- they don't call me." 

"And I don't pay you to worry." Nat finishes. He thinks for a moment before he nods, turning away from Nat, going towards the door. She goes to close the door when she notices a box. "What's all this junk?"

"Oh- just some mail and personals from the Budapest safe house." I hear him call. They start to bicker about how to pronounce Budapest.

"It's Budapest." I cut in.

"No, I'm pretty sure it's-" Nat begins.

"Whatever, I knew you weren't going back there, neither of you, so I've got someone else in the flat now." He says. 

"Sorry you went through the trouble, would've told you to chuck it." Nat says.

"Hey- some of that is mine." I point out, she rolls her eyes at me before looking back at Mason.

"Well, if you don't want it, throw it in the rubbish." He says.

"That's not my job." She says.