𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

I lay there silently, head in Yelena's lap. The whole of the ship was just a quiet. No one was exactly in the- nice to see you again! mood. We all had that gut feeling that this was not going to end well. At all. 

Yelena moves the hair away from my ear for a second and leans over to whisper to me. "Do you think there's a toilet on here?" She asks. What a cutie. I smile at the question and sit up, pointing over to where the toilet actually was. "Oh-" She leans over and kisses my forehead before walking away, making me smile a little more. I lean back as I watch the girl walk away. Closing my eyes, I try to let myself sleep, considering Yelena hadn't let me earlier. 

"You really do enjoy a sleep, don't you?" I hear a voice, jolting me back awake. I look over and see Wanda, arms crossed, leaning against the side. 

"Yeah... helps you grow or something." I mutter as I rub my eyes, trying to help myself from making any eye contact with her. 

"Look, Air- we need to talk." She says.

"Perhaps when I'm less tired and the world isn't at its ends?" I ask. 

"Nat told me about how you were, staying with her for that time. Something about being sad?" I look over at her and see a raised eyebrow.

"You think I was depressed? Over the situation?" I ask. The girl stays quiet. "I wasn't depressed! Hell, I wasn't happy but I wasn't depressed. I-" I sigh. "I met Yelena during those two years. I don't think I've ever been as happy as I have since being with her-" I stop myself realising I was talking to my ex. "Sorry- I didn't mean it like that." I apologise quickly.

She shakes her head. "I couldn't give you that happiness. Either way, were not going to end up benefiting from that case, were we?" I stay silent, the sudden interest in the floor was through the roof. "I wanted to talk to tell you I'm sorry." 

I exhale sharply at her words. "I-" 

"We're landing, now." Sam calls from the cockpit. Yelena comes out from the bathroom and starts to walk back over to us. 

"Apology accepted." I say through gritted teeth. Wanda glances over and see Yelena, understanding the situation herself, she moved away. I sigh and lean my head against the wall behind me. 

"What was that about?" She asks me, sitting down, laying her head in my lap.

"She wanted to apologise." I murmur, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

"If I get up and walk in her direction, holding a knife- don't stop me." She says.

"If you're gonna fight her, wait 'till after this." I warn her. The back door of the jet opens, the sunlight of Wakanda was much brighter than midnight in Ukraine to say the least. We all stepped out of the jet. Bruce begins to bow down at the king and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. 

"What are you doing?" Rhodey asks him.

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa tells the scientist. "So how big of an assault can we expect?" He asks us, turning back the way he and his group had walked. We follow on behind.

"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault." Bruce says, I can hear worry in his voice.

"How we looking?" Steve asks.

"You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and...." The king lists and trails off in his words as someone walks towards us.

"A semi-stable 100-year-old man." Bucky smiles over at Steve and they share a hug. 

"How you been, Buck?" 

"Uh." He looks around for a second. "Not bad, for the end of the world." 

"Why are you not inside, huh?" Yelena asks, joining me on the balcony.

"Ever just not given a shit?" I ask her. 

"You're kidding your-" A loud noise stops her from speaking and I look up in the sky. An explosion stopped by the shield.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation, here." Sam says on coms.

"God, I love this place." I hear Bucky mutter.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys.  We got more incoming outside the dome." Sam says. He wasn't wrong, either. A lot of ships were landing now. All in a curve shape around the dome. 

"If you ruin that vest in this fight, I'm gonna be mad." Yelena mutters as we travel on the carrier. 

Natasha doesn't let the comment get to her, instead going onto coms. "How we looking, Bruce?" 

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it." He says from the Hulkbuster. I didn't even want to know who'd come up with the idea that this was what Bruce was gonna be doing. But it's what we were working with. "Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually-" I see the Hulkbuster stumble over a rock as we pass by, I raise an eyebrow as it happens before looking away. "I-uh. I'm okay. I'm okay." He reassures all of us.

We stop and get off the hover carrier quickly. The Wakandan soldiers with the Dora Milaje had made an army of some way. "We got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." Sam says.

 Natasha gives me a look, as if asking me to join them. I turn to Yelena and give a quick kiss on her cheek, a little annoyed at Nat before walking away. 

"So, got a plan for the wedding?" Nat asks me.

"Well, she said she'll make me wear a suit because I apparently look hot in a suit, meaning I will probably be making her wear one also if we're making each other look hot." I conclude.

"You did not just call Yelena hot in front of me." Nat says.

"Oh leave them alone." Steve mutters.

"Is this what you all argue about?" T'Challa asks.

"You didn't want to see us when S.H.I.E.L.D was breaking down. I had to pretend to be Nat and Steve's kid." I say, thinking back to us being in the mall. "Darkest time of my life-"

"You're not funny." Nat says before we walk right up the edge of the dome. I smirk over at her before focusing at the actual problem at hand. "Where's your other friend?" 

"You will pay for his life with yours." The alien was not in a good mood to say the least. I guess Nat had also had an encounter with them before. "Thanos will have that stone." 

"Not gonna happen." I say to them. They look over at me, as if taken aback by the fact that I can speak up. 

"You are in Wakanda, now." The king says. "Thanos will have nothing but dust, and blood." 

"We..." They turn back to T'Challa, still having a glaring look on their face. "Have blood to spare." 

a/n- I'M BACCCCCKKKKK [I was on a vacation where it was hard for me to write stories, I unfortunately didn't have any chapters for you guys to upload while I was away, but I'm now back <333] I am also writing a Gamora xOC and the first few chapters are out now pls check it out if you like this book