𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

I look over at Yelena as we walk down the road.

"Final couple and we're done." She says. I nod silently. "Where'd you wanna go after that?"

"Could ask you the same thing." I smile.

"Well, the Red Room is done, and it's not like you can go back to the Avengers." She smirks. "There-" She points at the house. A little house in the middle of a field.

"That's where she's staying?" I ask. "I guess she just doesn't like human involvement..." I raise an eyebrow. 

"Come on." She tugs on my sleeve and we walk through the field towards the house. It was dark out, way too early for me to be fighting. If Nat were here, she would say, if you're so tired go eat an ice cube to wake up. Damn, I can basically hear Nat telling me that. 

We walk up to the doorstep and I take out a hairclip, unlocking the door. "You're not seriously doing this with a hair pin." The girl chuckles.

I roll my eyes. "You wanna do this instead? While I sit around out here?" I open the door quietly, retracting a sword, holding it still as I stood there, checking if the coast was clear.

"You're being over the top." Yelena tells me, walking pass.

"They're as trained as you, and I wouldn't fight you." I say quietly as we walk into the house. "Why did we have to do this at three in the morning?"

"Less chance of death?" I walk behind her and we stop dead in the room. Two widows. Great.

"This is why we don't break in at three in the morning." I mutter.

"Shut up." She tells me. The first widow attacks and goes straight towards me. Aw, they know me. I rolled and narrowly dodged the attack but they kick me to the ground. I go to attack with my sword and they deflect with a knife. I shatter it to the side and I sweep them to the ground. Quickly getting up, I put a foot on their stomach to keep them down.

I feel the barrel of a gun on the back of my head.

"Mozog." Move. The voice said. I go to slowly when I hear another voice.

"Hands off." Yelena tells her. Okay, I'll be honest, with her accent, it was hot. I ducked down and kick back the widow as Yelena shoots her own gun. The other widow I'd been standing on gets up, kicking me down to the floor. Uh, no thanks.

I tackle them down and take out a knife, holding it against them. I glance behind me and see Yelena being held up with a gun.

"Fuck sake." I mutter. I swap the sword quickly with the knife and throw the knife at the other widow's leg. They fall to the floor, giving Yelena enough time to move away. "The vials? No?" I ask her. She takes out two of the vials that Melina had given us, throwing one to me. I look at the widow in the eyes and she goes to punch me off, I quickly open the vial and it sprays into her face. 

I move away and roll onto the floor, sighing with relief. I close my eyes for a moment before feeling a light kick to my side. I open them and see Yelena, smiling down at me.

"Come on." She holds her hand out for me to help me get up. I smile back up at her and take her hand, standing up. She turns to the two other widows. "Dreykov is gone. You have your own life now. Find a nice place, maybe, go shopping your spare time. Get a job. Live the life we always wanted." 

I retract my sword and put it away, the two widows look at us for a moment. 

"Kudy my ydemo?" Where do we go? One asks.

"Anywhere you'd like. You're free now." I tell them. 

We didn't stick around in the old house. We hijacked an old van and drove back to the hotel we'd been staying in. We got a few weird looks by the receptionist as we walked in, a few scratches on our faces obviously made it seem like we'd been fighting. Which wasn't wrong, just not with each other. 

"Well. That could've gone worse." She says as we walk into the room.

"Well, we did nearly die." I say, closing the door behind me.

"We've nearly died in most situations." She states. I walk over to the mini fridge and open up a bottle of whiskey along with picking up a glass. I pour myself a drink and feel arms around my waist. I smirk and take a sip of my drink.

"What's got you all touchy touchy, eh?" I ask, still smirking. I feel Yelena's head leant against my back and she doesn't move for a moment. "Oh- right." I pick up another glass and pour her whiskey also, I hold the glass behind me and wait for her to take it. She still doesn't move. "Really?" I place the glass down on the cabinet before turning around. I see a smile on her face as she leans her head on my chest, arms still wrapped around me. 

"I nearly lost you back there." She says. "I couldn't afford that." The words echo in my head and I try to let them sink in. I lean down and kiss the top of her head. "What did I say about scaring me?"

I smile down at her. "You're adorable when you're scared and protective." I tell her. She looks up at me, a faint smile on her face. "What? Find that hard to believe?" 

"You're describing yourself." She smiles.

"Am I really?" 

"You seemed pretty protective when the widow came after me." 

"You seemed pretty protective over me when I had a gun at the back of my head."

"What else was I supposed to do? Watch her blow your brains out?" She scoffs.

I nod in agreement. "That's... fair." She smiles and leans forward, connecting our lips. A sudden knock at the door pulls the two of us away before any make out session could even begin. I feel a confused begin to grow on me as I walk to the door. It was late at night. It certainly wasn't the maid for the least. As I walk, one of my swords roll out of my duffle bag before flying into my hand. I look through the peephole. I sigh and turn back to Yelena. "This is not going to end well." I tell her.

"What? Air, what is it?" She asks me. 

"Ross." I mutter as I move towards my bag, packing away all clothes. Another loud knock. Yelena looks at me, a little shocked. "Pack your stuff. Don't worry, I know a way out." I insist to the girl. 

We watch as the guards look through the hotel room, not finding us anywhere. Who'd have thought that air ventilation was not that obvious, eh? 

"So. How long are we stuck here?" She whispers, head leant on my shoulder, arms both wrapped around mine.

"Until they're gone. Then we make a getaway out the balcony. From there we hijack a car and get out of here." I explain.

"You've thought this out." She teases.

"You're not wrong there." I admit. "I guess that's what happens when you spend too much time with Natasha, huh." I say in realisation.

"Sometimes you can be a total idiot." She says. "But you're my idiot." She says, giving my arm a squeeze.

"Oh really?" I smirk with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, really." She closes her eyes after that, totally exhausted after the whole day. I nearly did the same myself, but the slamming of our hotel room door jolted me back awake even if I did fall asleep.