𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞.

CHAPTER TWELVE:

TWO YEARS LATER

I wake up to barking and I groan a little, not opening my eyes just yet. Five more minutes. I feel Yelena stir awake and mutter something but I don't listen, eyes still closed. 

"If I can't see you, you can't see me, eh?" I hear her ask. I stay in the crook of her neck and I hear her giggle. "You really don't want to get up, do you?" I shake my head silently. There's a moment of silence in the whole of the house before Fanny, the dog, starts to bark again.

"What time is it?" I ask her.

I can feel her move a little, looking to the side at the clock. "Midnight." 

"What?" I ask her, a little shocked.

"Yeah, you won't believe how quick you fall asleep after-" She goes to finish her sentence when Fanny barks outside our door again. "Shall I or you?" She asks me.

"I guess I can..." I say, opening my eyes and looking up at her. She has a little smirk on her face with a raised eyebrow. "What does she even want this early in the morning?" I groan as I get up.

"Maybe she just wants her mommy?" Yelena asks. I walk over to the door and open it up, our dog runs through quickly and onto our bed, stealing my place I'd been in before- right in Yelena's lap. I close the door and sigh. "Hey- maybe she's just scared because she's never seen you without clothes on before." The girl shrugs.

"Oh- well I'm not the one who took them off, now am I?" I ask as I lay back down next to her in the bed. The smirk reappears, overly proud of herself. I stroke Fanny a little, quickly noticing she wasn't reacting like she normally would. 

"What?" Yelena asks.

"I didn't say anything..." I say, yet still trying to see what is wrong with our dog.

"You're thinking and not saying what you're thinking out loud- quite worrying, to be honest." She says, earning a raised eyebrow from me. I look over at the window for a moment and I get up. "Where are you going, eh?" She says, also getting up.

I pick up my shirt and put it on, then my shorts. "I'm gonna go take a look outside." I say, turning to her as I do the buttons of my shirt up.

"You think the fact that Fanny actually wants you to stroke her is because she's scared?" She asks, doing the bottom two buttons up. 

"It's better to be safe than sorry." I say, going to do the top two buttons up but she stops me.

"You'll look like you're going for a job interview." She tells me. 

"There's also hickeys all over my chest." I see a smirk play on her face and I shake my head in disbelief at the girl. "You're enjoying this." 

"Oh shut up and kiss me." She demands, I smile down at her for a moment but do so, leaning down and kissing her on the lips. I feel her snake her arms around my shoulder and after a moment pulls away. "Did you hear that?"

I look at her in confusion. "Was I meant to?"

"You should probably check outside." She says.

"Put some clothes on." I smirk at her before walking away. I walk down the stairs of our house and see Fanny rush down with me. "So you wanted a walk? You wanted a dang walk?" I ask the dog. She looks up at me and mutter a line of curse words as I go to open the front door, stopping dead when I take a look up at who was at the front door.

"Hey, Air. Love the shirt- very, I slept with your sister vibe" Nat says. "Who's this?" 

"Fanny..." I say quietly, looking at them all. Nat kneels down, saying a little hello to our dog. "Nice vest." I tell her. I see a smirk on her face as she looks up at me.