𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

CHAPTER FOUR:

"The Red Room's still active." Natasha continues the conversation from earlier on today as we enter a corner shop. "Where is it?"

"I have no idea." Yelena says, picking up a few things on her way around. I look around but I'm not that good in this part of the shopping experience. "He moves location constantly. And every widow is sedated on entry and exit from maximum security."

"I'm just finding it hard to believe that he could stay off my radar." 

"I don't." I say, leaning against the wall. Nat looks away from Yelena and at me.

"What is that meant to mean, Doofus?" 

I turn to Yelena. "Was she always this dumb when you were younger?" I ask her, she only smirks in reply. "You're an Avenger, Nat." I say

"The clue is in the name." Yelena adds. "Dreykov kills you, one of the big ones comes to avenge you." 

"Wait- what are the big ones?" She asks.

"Well, I doubt the God from space has to take an ibuprofen after a fight." Yelena says. I take one good look at Natasha face and try to hold back a laugh. She walks away and goes to one of the shelves to make it look like she's busy shopping. I roll my eyes. "Where did you think I was all this time?"

"I thought that you got out and were living a normal life." Nat says.

"And you just, never made contact again?" 

"Honestly, I thought you didn't wanna see me." 

Yelena scoff. "Air, are you hearing this utter bullshit too?" She hits my arm playfully. "You just didn't want your baby sister to tag along, whilst you saved the world with the cool kids." She says as she walks pass me to the counter.

"You weren't really my sister." Nat says, also passing me.

"And the Avengers aren't really your family." There's a silence for a moment, and Yelena realises it may have been a bad idea to say that, she puts . "Why do you always do that thing?" 

"Do what?" Nat looks over at the girl a little confused, I raise an eyebrow, also confused.

"The thing you do when you're fighting-" She gets down and leans, flipping her hair back and forth a little as she does it. "The like- the- This thing that you do when you whip you're fighting with the arm and the hair. And you do, like, a fighting pose." I laugh a little and so does Yelena. "It's a-" She laughs again. "It's a fighting pose. You're a total poser." 

Nat has a look of disbelief on her face. "I'm not a poser..." I chuckle again at the thought.

Yelena laughs as she stands up. "Oh, come on- I mean, they're great poses, but it does look like you think everyone's look at you, like, all the time."

"All that time that I spent posing, I was trying to actually do something good for all the pain and suffering we caused. Trying to be more than just a trained killer." Nat says.

"Well, then you were fooling yourself, because pain and suffering is every day and we are both still a trained cover." Yelena pauses. "Except, I'm not the one that's on the cover of a magazine. I'm not the killer that little girls call their hero."

Yelena pours a literal shot of Vodka over her wound and lets out a little hiss of pain as she does so. Kids are running around the place while the three of us sat there like total losers.

"That gas, the counteragent, it was synthesized in secret by an older widow from Melina's generation. I was on the mission to retrieve it, and she exposed me and I killed the widow that freed me." She says. I sit there, very interested in my beer bottle's label.