𝐭𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER TEN:

We run through the corridor, flashing red lights everywhere. She holds the vials still and I load the only gun I had. Ten rounds was all I had left. Great. We stop at the front of Dreykov's office. The place was already beginning to shred itself apart, along with the widows who were now beating the shit out of my best friend. 

I turn to Yelena. "Throw them." I load the gun and she looks at me. "We don't have time to argue, she's going to die." Yelena throws the vials and I take one shot. 

The particles explode everywhere. Stopping all the widows from taking it too far. We slowly walk forward and see the state Nat is in.  Yelena walks forward, helping her sister up. "Hey, are you okay?" Nat only groans in response to the girl, nearly falling out of her own grasp. I quickly step forward, catching her.

"That looks like it hurts." I say, referring to the knife in her back.

"Captain Obvious." Yelena mutters, we lean her against a bollard. 

"We have to take it out, now." I say to the girl.

"It'll hurt like hell- look at her-" She begins.

"She's a trained medic, Yelena." Nat tells her before turning to me. "Do your dang job, Air."

"Okay. Like she said, it's gonna hurt like hell." I assure her. "I'll take it out on three, ready?" Nat only nods and in my head I count down from three before pulling out. She lets out a hiss of pain and I apologise. "Sorry." 

Nat shakes her head and looks over at the widows. "Get as far away from here as possible." She tells them all.  "You get to make your own choices now." There's an explosion in the room we're stood in and I flinch a little.

"We gotta get outta here." I mutter, "I say five minutes before we're all- well, gone?"

"We need to find Dreykov." Yelena says, Nat starts to walk around slowly. "Are you coming?" We start to walk out of the room as the three of us talk. 

"I'm right behind you-" Nat stops suddenly. "Wait- wait! I have to go back."

"Are you serious?" I ask her.

"Do you trust me?" She snaps at me. I look at her for a moment and tilt my head.

"I hate you so much." I mutter.

"Go. Now." She tells me. I exhale sharply and give her one final glance before turning away, running for Yelena. 

More explosions are heard from behind me as I run behind Yelena on the platform. It was unstable, for sure. She slows down for a second and I think it's for me to catch up, but after a second, I see her fly up to the wing of the jet in front. 

"YELENA!" Nat shouts, appearing next to me. She starts to move over to the engine, taking out two batons and connecting them.

"She's on the wing!" I see Dreykov shout and I aim my gun at one of the guards next to him.

"DON'T DO IT!" Nat says to her sister again. I look over at Yelena and she locks eyes with me for a seconds before looking back at Nat.

"THIS WAS FUN!" She stabs the engine, causing an explosion. I look around quickly and grab the extra pack from the side. 

"No-" Nat grabs me before I can go to jump, I turn on her and she points over at Dreykov's daughter. 

"Tell me you're joking."

"Who goes for who?" She asks me, keeping her eyes on the armoured figure. 

"You get Yelena." I hand her the pack. "I'll take the big one."