𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟... 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐩? (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏)

What if... they'd broken up before the blip?

WARNING: HAWKEYE EPISODE 4 SPOILERS [not proof read, v sorry if it's not the best]

Aerus and Yelena. Yelena and Aerus. Together forever. Right?

Well, maybe you're a little wrong... In this universe, the two didn't last two years. In this universe, Aerus was left to fend for their own by Yelena's sudden disappearance. 

The three of them stood on the building's roof, looking over at the apartment. Well, not all of them were looking over at the apartment. Only Clint was actually looking at the apartment, while the other two kinda just stood there, kinda looking like total losers. 

"Do we know what we're doing here?" Aerus finally asked, breaking that long, ongoing silence.

"I don't, hey, maybe Clint knows!" Kate says sarcastically, making Air hold back a laugh as the two looked at the older archer. 

"Something very important to me is pinging inside that apartment." He tells the two of them as he continued to look through the binoculars. "It was stolen from a black market auction. I need it back." He continued. "No lights, no movement." Kate sighed beside them. "This is our chance."

"This would have been much easier if we were on a high rooftop." Kate says to him.

"That's what you think." Clint says, not taking his eyes off of the apartment. 

"Yeah..." Air says. "That's why she said it..."

"Kate, Air, you always wanna prioritize a quick exit over a quick entrance." He teaches the two, making Aerus roll their eyes.

"Thank you, old man, care to elaborate." Air muttered.

"So, when things go sideways, and they usually do, we have extra strategy. That's why I chose this spot." He says. "It's got good sightlines for all my exits." They gave Kate a glance and she nods back at the door, making Air smirk as they both began to slowly, slowly walk away. Unfortunately, they could both still hear him through the coms link. "I think it should take me about three and a half minutes to get in. So, if you two see anything out here, just give me a signal, alright?" There was a moment of silence on the coms as the two left the building. "Kate? Air?" A car's driver shouted at them both as they crossed the street, as calm as possible. "Kate? Kate? Air?"

"There you are." Kate says beside them while Air smirked at how the girl's ignorance could sometimes really show. 

"I told you two you're supposed to be on lookout." He tells the two.

"Yes." Air says. "But, out of the three of us, we're the two who will get distracted by the Christmas lights." They tell him. 

"That's not fair, with both your inabilities to act like a grown-up helps you get your own way." Air smirked in response to what the older man says.

Katie scoffs beside them. "No, it's not. But it is what it is." 

"I need you to use your grappling hook arrow to anchor yourself in, propel down the side of the building to the window, from there Aerus can go in first to check if the coast is clear or not." He says.

"Yeah, love all of that." Kate says to the plan as the two walked towards the building door. "Great plan, just a slight tweak though." 

"Evening, sir." Aerus began towards an elderly man with three grocery bags. He turned to the two of them, a little confused. "Can we help you with your bags?"