𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟... 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡?

What if... both of them had survived the battle of Earth?

A/N- FLUFF CHAPTER AHAHAHHAHAHA >:)

In this story's battle of Earth, only one survived the final battle, however, in this specific universe, both of them did. Happy endings might just be possible

The Avengers had fallen, and fallen hard after the events of Avengers: Endgame. What else would you expect after the whole compound had blown up? But, things were still going ahead- such as hologram meetings every month, with each Avenger selected for specific areas of the world and galaxies. 

Yelena and Aerus? They got London. Which, was all the two could ask for... as long as 'Lena could bring Fanny, of course. In the year so far, not much had happened, but everyone else was busy, with flag smashers, and Zemo escaping from a prison that Bucky definitely didn't help with. Everyone else was busy, but them. For now. 

The corner shop door ran lightly as Aerus entered, warming their hands up by rubbing them together as they walked into the aisle of the small shop, looking for something quick to eat for the both of them. Meanwhile, Yelena was stood outside, with Fanny on her lead, both waiting just as patiently as the other. The dog whined, looking up at her mom, of who gave a look in return. 

"Don't do that, you're making me feel bad." The Russian tells the dog, of who whined some more. 

Meanwhile, Aerus put multiple boxes of popcorn, sweets, chocolates and more onto the counter for the shopkeeper to put down, but the shopkeeper, instead, just stared at them. As they looked up from the pile, they saw the looking on the man's face. 

"How much...?" They asked, trying to keep the conversation from being about their fame. Which, didn't work one bit. 

The young man looked back down at the pile of food before opening up the cash register, slowly putting in a few of the things in, making sure to slip in multiple coupons and more in so that Air got more and more money off. They were an Avenger, after all. 

"Are you sure that's right?" They asked once the final price was shown on the screen, while the younger man placed all into a carrier bag. He insisted, though.

The shop door opened again before Air stepped out, holding out two boxes of Jaffa cakes, while a carrier bag in another hand. "Does that have real food in it?" Yelena asked her lover, nodding down to the bag. 

The moment of silence, and the smile on their face, made Yelena give them a tired look. "It's movie night!" They insisted as the two began to walk down the street, towards where their small house was. 

When I use the world small to describe the house, that's what it looks like on the outside. Keep that in mind. In the inside, however, it was like the Tardis. Three bedrooms, two living areas, with one opening into a kitchen, along with two restrooms and a training area in the basement, they couldn't ask for any more....

Maybe a movie theatre...

The two walked hand-in-hand while their dog strutted along with the couple, like the family they were. God, the last time they'd been like this, it was more than five years ago, and that seemed more than a lifetime ago. It was odd, nowadays, because people could see one of their faces and thank them for everything. 

But everything was a loose term for saving the world and bringing back family and friends. Everything could also include the wrong-doings both had done in their past, and they didn't like that one bit. Especially Yelena. Because, if you thanked the widow for everything, she'd immediately think of the worst. 

A photo of Natasha in the main living area sat underneath the TV unit, with her, Air and Clint, all looking a little tipsy. And another photo of Nat, this time taken by Yelena when they'd met once during the five-year blip. Once. That was the only time Nat had off to see family, and it wasn't like there was much good to talk about other than sheep, dogs and Thanos. Thanos... what a name that would now be for the history books. What a name that neither would speak of in the household. 

The front door to the house opened, with Yelena opening it up for Fanny to walk in first, running down the hallway just like the first time they'd entered the place. As the dog rushed down into the living area, the other two took of their shoes and followed on behind, dumping their jackets over the banister. 

Aerus walked into the kitchen, laying out snacks while they heard Yelena play music on the stereo for all in the house to hear. Fanny barked to the sound of Taylor Swift playing through the speakers near the floor in the kitchen, making Air smirk.

"What? Don't you start shouting at Ms music industry like that." They tell the dog, opening up a can of dog food and placing it in the bowl, knowing damn well that the dog was not going to eat it, but instead will be eating the left over pizza from yesterday evening. The dog got excited by this, running over to the food and taking two bites of the food before leaving it, very typical in the Belova-Shaw household. 

Yelena walked back into the kitchen, dancing along to Folklore, as Air placed a bowl of popcorn into the microwave. They smiled over at their wife, of who was dancing away in one of their large, oversized hoodies that had been... borrowed? Fanny ran up to her mom, barking around while Yelena sang the music's lyrics to her child. 

"Just you wait until we get concert tickets..." They murmur. "We'll be doomed." They say, making Yelena laugh as she walked over to Air, planting a kiss on their cheek before wrapping her arms around them, never seeming to want to let go. Their was a moment of silence as the two danced to the music before the microwave went off, but Yelena didn't let her lover move. "As adorable as you are.... I think the place will start to burn down if I don't get the popcorn." They say, making the girl chuckle, finally letting them get to the microwave. 

As they took out the hot bowl of popcorn, they placed it on the island counter in the kitchen. Seeing Yelena still dancing around, they turned the music up a little as the wife jammed out the bridge. 

"You're adorable." They murmured, walking over to the girl, of who had barely heard them. 

"What?" She asked, as Taylor continued. It went a little quieter as the song began to end. 

"I said-" They stopped themself, shaking their head and leaning in, giving the girl a kiss on the lips. Oh, if it could always be like that.