𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟... 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐩? (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑)

WHAT IF...they'd broken up before the blip?

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR HAWKEYE FINALE (EPISODE 6)

A/N- PART THREE THAT I CAME UP WITH LAST NIGHT

THIS IS THE FINAL WHAT IF CHAPTER PLEASE ENJOY ITS OVER 4500 WORDS *distant sobbing*

AND WHOEVER HAS THE TISSUES HONESTLY GET 'EM NOW (not proof read)

After helping make trick arrows, and whatever else that could be needed, Kate, Aerus and Clint got ready for the big night. Another gala including the bishops that was about to be ruined. Honestly, it was as if it were normal, now. Aerus had sworn that if Yelena turned up any time during tonight, they'd just take her out, like any other of the tracksuits. But, more like Maya, perhaps? 

Air, much like Clint, wore a simple tuxedo, and hadn't put much money into it, knowing it was probably not going to last in the nice, new and perfect condition. 

There was people chatting away everywhere as the three looked around, earpieces already in for the discussions to get serious. Or about Christmas trees. Whatever came first. "I don't see my mom yet." Kate told the two, while Aerus kept eyes everywhere for Eleanor. In the one time that both Aerus and Clint had met Eleanor, she'd given them nothing but shit, talking about how unsafe Kate was, in case they didn't know that this whole job had UNSAFE AND DEADLY written all over it. She'd brought up Natasha when Kate was out of earshot, thinking it was an okay thing to do. 

"Alright." They say. "What d you see?" Aerus asked her, eyes on some of the alcohol behind the bar. 

"Not including alcohol." Clint told them. "What're assets, what are threats?" He asked Kate. 

She had her eye on one guy from across the room. "Mmm. Threats? That guy." He was having an argument at one of the waiters in the red tuxedos. "That's Gary. He fired me from one of the only jobs I ever had." 

"For doing what?" They asked her.

"Spying?" Kate answered, as if it were no big deal. "Assets, though?" She glanced around again. "Well, we have those all over the party." The younger archer wasn't wrong, either. All those in red tuxedos were actually the LARPers. And, had agreed on helping the three in this mission. Pulling Aerus out of thought, though- "Wow, Jack's out of jail already." Kate nodded over at the guy, at the other side of the party. "Nothing phases that guy..." 

"So Jack wielding a sword," Clint began, "just out of jail for allegedly murdering somebody with one..." 

"Maybe it's his way of proving that he really is innocent?" Kate asked.

"I dunno." They say. "But that's a really nice sword-" They added on, getting a slap on the chest by Clint, along with the shake of the head. "I mean- yeah, it's kinda like... a weird flex... but, okay." They stumbled on their words as they tried to create a coherent sentence. The night went on as the three found themself at the bar.

"Stay on coms, okay?" Clint tells the two, glancing around the room for the millionth time. "I'm gonna take a lap." He said before doing so, walking away. Both Kate and Aerus at the point knew if they carried on standing there someone could catch their eye, and that was not what they needed. 

They walked around, with Clint sometimes asking the two if they'd seen her yet. No, the answer was no, still. But it didn't last too long, though. Even with the two security guards Eleanor had with her, there was no chance. The moment Kate set eyes on her mother, she was already striding towards the woman, with Aerus just following behind.