𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve says through coms.

"I got him!" I hear Bruce say.

"Hey-" I see Yelena suddenly appear next to me. "You okay?"

"Fine-" I stop suddenly.

"On my way-" I see Wanda get knocked to the ground suddenly by the same alien from the barrier. I retract a sword and Yelena loads her gun, also seeing the situation at hand. She puts the gun away and takes out two batons, putting them together. 

"He'll die alone." The alien says. "As will you." She tells Wanda.

"News flash." I say, making them turn towards me. "She's not alone." I smirk. She turns back the other way and see Yelena, also of who had a smile on her face. The alien turns back to me, leaping towards me. I kick her off and Yelena slashes them with an electrical crackle from the batons. I run around the other side as the alien turns around, slicing at their feet. Suddenly one of the wheeled vehicles pass by, making us all duck.

The alien uses the distraction to kick Yelena back, sending her to the ground. I retract my sword and go to attack but the alien turns on me, grabbing me and my shoulder, throwing me back. I get back up quickly and so does Yelena. She splits the baton into two and I go to get up when the alien turns on me, quickly, hitting me far backward. Yelena runs forward as I try to get up, she disarms the alien and I go in for an attack with my sword, swiping at them twice before being kicked back again. They turn on Yelena and it doesn't take long for them to have her pinned down also. I am barely able to stand up, and when I do and limp my way towards the alien and Yelena, holding my sword.

Scarlet energy grabs the alien suddenly, tossing her into the path of another passing wheel. I look over at Wanda who's sat up on the side, sighing in relief. I help Yelena up, getting the dark blue blood splatters off her face. 

"Thanks." I say to Wanda quietly, she only nods in acknowledgment.

"That was really gross." Yelena murmurs next to me, making me smirk a little. 

"Go, you need to get Vision." I tell Wanda, "We'll handle these." I say to her, and she doesn't need to be told twice. 

"August." Yelena insist as we walk.

"July." I say.

"What if we pick a winter month, then?"

We walk into the forest and meet up with the others. I retract my sword, looking for the problem. The wind picks up around us, something wasn't right that was for sure. I feel Yelena hold my hand more tightly as we walk.

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Steve says. I take out my other sword and hand it over to Lena. 

"What the hell?" Natasha asks next to us, looking around.

"I don't like this..." I murmur quietly. A blue-black cloud appears not that far away from us and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. A purple giant appears in gold and blue armour. I hold my sword up a little, as if that defended me.

"Cap, that's him." Bruce says. We were all that seem to stood in the way of Thanos and Vision. Great. 

Steve holds his shield and it changes it shape a little. As he speaks he charges towards Thanos. "Eyes up. Stay sharp." 

Bruce went first, lunging towards the guy fist-first. When I see the Hulkbuster suit again, he's buried halfway into the stone of the cliff. Rogers goes next, but sent flying by a purple energy before getting a single blow. I see T'Challa go from one angle and I attack him with the sword. Thanos picks up T'Challa with one hand and punches him to the ground before turning to me. 

He grabs my wrist and squeezes it tightly, and we can both hear a faint cracking sound before he throws me into one of the trees. I was blacked out for a moment and when I looked up again, I see Yelena across from me on the floor. I look over where Thanos is, just being held back from Wanda. Before I can even get up, an explosion occurs.

The Mind stone had been destroyed. I focus on my breathing as I watch, still unable to deal with the pain of the wrist. I glance back at Yelena as she rolls over and I sigh in relief for a moment before I hear a shout from where they were. Vision was still around... and so was the stone. I take out my sword and go to throw it as Thanos puts the stone in the gauntlet when someone finally appears. 

"That guy takes his time." I mutter as I lean on the tree to stand up. The axe at Thanos' heart finally meant the end of this all. Right? Ha ha. Wrong. A heavy gust of wind occurs, pushing me backwards from the direction of Thor and Thanos. I look over and see the axe on the floor and no Thanos. I had a bad feeling in my gut, a feeling that told me something I didn't want to believe. I look over at Yelena and saw she was in the same position as before. The wind changes again and when I glance beyond Thor I see it happen. What I'd dreaded and what my gut had been telling me.

Wanda slowly turns to nothing next to Vision's still body. 

"SAM?!" I hear Rhodey call in the distance, Yelena slowly gets up, limping. I walk over to her and help her walk as we all slowly meet, calling for each other. "SAM WHERE YOU AT?!"

"Nat-" Yelena limps over to her sister and I stand there, staring just where I'd seen Wanda beforehand. Steve sat next to Vision's body silently 

"What is this?" Rhodey asks. "What the hell is happening?"

"Oh, God." 

a/n- i'm feeding you so well (anyways sad chapter)