𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

"Look what the cat dragged in." I hear a voice say. I turn and see Stark stood there, smirking. "Didn't see you when I landed, thought you'd vanished, like the other half of the universe..." 

"Sorry, was kinda busy." I say as I see the doors open behind him. Yelena walks around looking at the place in awe. "We have a dog at home, along with a farm... with sheep.... and potatoes... and carrots... and-" 

"We?" He raises an eyebrow and I smile.

"You'll catch on." I say, showing the ring on my finger as I pass him. Walking over to Yelena, I stop when he speaks out to me.

"I'm sorry." He says, making me look over at him. The Tony Stark, was sorry? "With what happened during the accords... I guess I took advantage of the situation you had at hand..." 

"Yeah." I say. "No shit." A small smile played on my face as I turn back and walked away. I go to leave the room but stop at the door. "Apology accepted." I call out to him before I step through.

"Heyyy its the guy who shrunk down and nearly killed me with a truck!" I say when I walk in, leaning in on the doorway.

"Oh..." Scott's smile drops off his face. "Sorry about that-" 

"I'm kidding." I snicker a little and he laughs in relief. "So that's what we have to wear, huh?" 

"It's a time travel suit." Rhodey says as Hulk is making arrangements to the suit Scott was wearing. Oh yeah, Bruce was now full time as the Hulk, now. Should've probably mentioned that.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Scott says, looking over at him. "Easy, easy!" 

"I'm being very careful." He assures him.

"No, you're being very Hulky." Scott corrects. I give him a look of confusion.

"I'm being careful." Bruce repeats.

Scott holds up a red glass tube as he talks angrily. "These are Pym Particles, right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, that is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." 

"Scott, chill." I tell him.

"Sorry." He says. "We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs-" He suddenly disappears before reappearing moments later. "One test run." He sighs. "All right, I'm not ready for this." 

"I'll do it." I say. "What's the worse that could happen?" 

"Uh..." 

"Air, you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift." Bruce tells me, as if I was meant to understand. "Don't worry about it." He says, I only nod as he talks, still no understanding of the words. What the hell is a chronoshift? I didn't pay attention to that science class in school...

"Wait a second." Rhodey says. "Let me ask you something: if we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and-" He makes a hand gesture to strangle baby Thanos with a rope and I sigh.

"First of all, that's horrible." Bruce says in disgust.

"It's Thanos." Rhodey speaks in a tone that says it's what we were all thinking.

"Secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Bruce continues. 

"Woahhh." I look over at the door and see Yelena stood there, looking over at Bruce in his Hulk form. "Oh no no no-" She looks at me in the suit.

"We said we were gonna help-" I begin.

"No it just doesn't show your figure off at all." She smirks, making me raise an eyebrow at her, not appreciating the flirting in front of everyone else as much as I usually would. "Sorry, continue your discussion." She says, turning to the others. 

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott says.

"Bingo." Rhodey agrees. 

"That's not how it works." Nebula murmurs over my shoulder.

"Sounds like that's how it's meant to work." I say. "I mean- it's what I heard." 

"What?" Bruce asks. "By who?" 

Rhodey begins to name every film and TV show he knows, making me roll my eyes. "Stark Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time-" 

"Quantum Leap?" Scott adds.

"A Wrinkle in Time,  Somewhere in Time-" 

"Hot Tub Time Machine?" 

"Hot Tub Time Machine." Rhodey agrees. "Bill and Ted's excellent Adventures. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel-" 

"Die Hard?" Scott asks. "No that's not one..." I give the guy a look before turning back.

"This is known." Rhodey says.

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true." Bruce says. "Think about it: if you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future." 

"Exactly." Nebula murmurs again.

"I understood, none of that." I admit. "All I got was that we're wrong." 

"So..." Scott says. "Back to the Future's a bunch of bullshit?"

I step up onto the podium and get ready to go when Yelena joins me, making me look at her with a disapproving look.

"Don't like- you know- die?" She tells me.

"Will you relax? I'll be gone for ten seconds." I smirk at her.

"For me, yes. Not for you." She says.

"It's not like I'm going anywhere dangerous." I say.

"You don't even know where you're going!" She giggles.

"Yeah, Nat wants it to be a surprise or something." I roll my eyes and peck her cheek before stepping up the podium as she walks down the steps.

"Alright." I see Bruce flick switches on the side. "Aerus, we're going in 3...2...1"