𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟... 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐩? (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐)

WHAT IF... they'd broken up before the blip (part two)

WARNING: HAWKEYE EPISODE 5 SPOILERS

A/N- PART TWO LETS GOOOO (NOT PROOF READ AGAIN)

Aerus and Yelena. Yelena and Aerus. Together forever. Right?

Well, maybe you're a little wrong... In this universe, the two didn't last two years. In this universe, Aerus was left to fend for their own by Yelena's sudden disappearance. 

"Hey Air, it's me... I know you're like... I dunno- losing your mind... but I was wondering if you could come over... not to my aunt's place. The uh.. the place that was on fire. I need to go, pick up my stuff... I need an extra hand and Clint's gone MIA-" The voicemail ended as Air listened to it for the third time as they walked down the street, towards Bishop's appartment. 

"There you are!" The same voice called. But, they didn't hear due to their headphones, plus the hoodie. As they felt the tap on their shoulder from Kate, Air turned quickly, grabbing her hand and nearly twisting it as they turned, realising it was her. "Hey- it's me." She told them, a little confused by their reaction. 

Ever since Aerus had seen Yelena on the rooftop, they wanted nothing to do with the operation anymore. But, then again, when a friend needs help, their inner ways really couldn't help themself. 

"Sorry." They say, letting go of her hand, putting their hood down and then taking out their headphones. "I'm a little on edge." 

Kate nodded, eyebrows raised as she went to open the appartment door. "I noticed." She told them. 

"I'm gonna wait down here. Chuck down what you need for me to carry." They tell her as the two walked into the little area down at front. Kate gave them a weird look, but didn't really know what to say in return. 

"Okay... make sure we don't get set on fire a second time." She tells them before starting up the stairs. 

Quite a while passed, and Aerus started to get worried, wondering if the younger archer had been kidnapped or something. Or something... 

Aerus really had had enough of fighting, especially when ex-lovers, and multiple idiots were involved. But, there really was nothing being heard from above, which was causing them to worry. They walked up the stairs, taking out a small knife they had in their back jean pocket before starting onwards down the corridor.

Stopping at Kate's door they saw it was open, and therefore, kicked it open.

"KATE?" They shouted her name as they did so, before a bottle of hot sauce came flying in their direction from the table. But, Air caught it, then staring at the bottle before seeing who had thrown it. 

Well, they couldn't exactly see who had thrown it, but just by the back of her head and Air knew who it was. They stared at the back of Yelena's head as they strutted forward, clutching the knife tighter as they did so. 

"Hold it-" A Russian accent said, holding out a fork to defend herself as she turned to look at Aerus. They stared down at her, anger raging inside of them. "Aerus, would you believe it if I told you Kate Bishop has one set of cutlery." 

"I told you, I'm one person." Kate defends herself from across the table. 

"Kate, can you give us a minute?" Aerus asked the youngest in the room. Kate looked at Air, of who was not taking their eyes off of Yelena, so, she didn't stick around, walking towards the door and letting it shut behind her.